R U L E 25

I opened the door for Lasandra and Santiago and their son Keano it was actually quite nice seeing them together.

"How are you?" I asked her giving her a tight hug. I had missed this girl so much I had forgotten where our story began.

"I'm great, really."

"Really?" I asked. She hated Santiago with a burning passion so I was confused as to why she was feeling great.

"It's a long story." She whispered. I laughed and pulled away.

"You can get a hug too Santiago." I said opening my arms for him. He gave me a hug and lastly Keano.

"Aww my little baby." I said picking him up and walking into the kitchen.

"I missed you auntie." He said in a fit of giggles as I kissed his face.

"Eva and Corey should be here soon so you guys can sit at the table the food is almost done. We're going to talk about some plans for safety."

"Auntie can I sit at the table?"

"Actually we just updated our game room." And in a flash he was gone. One of the things I loved about Keano is that he didn't want or need friends to go play. He played by himself and that was okay. But he was gonna have some friends soon. I walked to the door as Corey and Eva entered and Eva was a complete mess.

I had them join us at the table and watched Eva's behavior as she fidgeted. I sent a glare to Corey in which he ignored. Suddenly she bursted.
"Please I cant go back there. Don't do this to me. I'm sorry I'll make it better." She begged me.

"Evangeline what the hell are you talking about? No one is taking you back." Her eyes widened and suddenly she got up from the table and ran off somewhere.

"I got it." I said getting up. To go after. Not before giving my brother on of the meanest glares I could give.

Keano pointed to a door which I understood was the one she was hiding behind.

I knocked on the door softly.

"Eva sweetie. It's me Tanya can y-" she opened the door and quickly wrapped me in a hug.

"I'm sorry. I just got scared. After what happened-"

"What happened?" I asked.

"We got into it again. He said he likes me Tanya."

"That's great, so what's the problem?"

"I don't believe him." I nodded.

"I would be scared if you did believe him." I replied. She let me go.

"I don't know. I mean he's sweet, and kind, he's very generous when he's not being angry-"

"Sounds like you like him too."

"But I don't want to. That's the problem."

"Well that sounds like a problem you're going to have to deal with. I've never actually seen him become invested like this."

"Are you just saying this because he's your brother?"

"Hell no. My brother faked his death over a decade ago forcing me to deal with trauma I don't even want to think about. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm on his side but. You guys should talk." I convinced her. My brother and I really hadn't had time to reconnect now that I thought about it.

"Okay." She said wiping her eyes and gathering herself.

Eva
After taking a few deep breaths and listening to Tanya's sweet words I came back to my senses.

"Alright. Come back down when you're ready. We were going to talk about what's been happening." My face dropped. So I was just being dramatic?

I sniffled a little and wiped my eyes when I felt the hair on my arms raise. He's here.

"You okay?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said washing my hands. I was doing anything to keep from making any kind of contact with him.

I was expecting him to leave but he was still standing there watching me.

"You can go now. I'm fine." I said turning to him.

"I hope you don't think I'm that stupid." I rolled my eyes and tried heading for the door but he came in and closed it. Standing right in front of it.

"What if I do?" I asked.

"That's fine. I'll just have to show you that I'm not."

"Corey move away from the door." I said with a straight face.

"I need to make it up to you." He claimed I nervously shifted from side to side.

"You don't have to do anything."

"You're right but I need to." He said looking down at me I avoided his gaze and leaned against the counter.

Tanya

Eva and Corey came down Eva was a little flushed otherwise she was fine. As soon as they sat down I continued the conversation.

"I'm pregnant." I blurted.

"Babe I thought we weren't going to tell them." I laughed nervously.

"Change of plans." I said. Eva stared at me in shock while Lasandra freaked out. In a good way of course.

"But we're in a war. Having a child in a war isn't a good idea."

"Which is why I've decided to resign." James blurted. Wait hold on we didn't talk about that.

"What the hell is going on here?" Santiago interjected.

"I found a loophole in the contracts. I can formally step down. I just need someone to take my spot." James said.

"I'll do it." Corey spoke. It was silent. "You both have families with children to take care of. All I have is Eva, I'll take over." I watched Eva's face as she devoured herself of emotion.

"Eva." I asked bringing her in.

"I mean I don't really have a say in this. But I agree with Corey. He has a lot less morality ties." This was her way of devaluing herself.

"Eva you're still important-"

"No it's okay I get it really. I don't know what I would do if I loss one of my children. We'll take over." She said firmly looking me in the eyes. I got this sense of bravery and defiance from her. It made her glow almost.

"I'll take over." Corey corrected.

"We'll take over." She finalized. So this was it? This is how we were going to make our getaway?

I wouldn't say this was easy considering not all of us would be able to come out of this life. Now it was time for Corey and Eva to take the reigns and start their chapter.

The end

Ummm so yeah this is the ending.

I didn't really mean to rush it and of course I'll have a few extra chapters of you know the good stuff but good news we're getting a new story that's kinda like the sequel to this one? It's gonna be steamier, dramatic and amazingggg. Once again I know this is very rushed but I'll come back and edit more stuff in as the sequel goes on. I'll also tie up and lose end in the next book. When y'all want the sequel?