ZESTIEN

Votes and comments highly appreciated :)

Jimin walked into the bus, scanning his card at the entrance before walking deeper into it. Despite him taking a bus earlier than usual, it was still packed with people. He tried his best to dodge everyone, but he couldn't help his skin grazing against a few people, making him shudder each time.

"Jimin-ah!" Someone called, making him look up.

Jungkook sat there, waving his hand dumbly amidst the crowd. Jimin sighed, not recalling the younger taking the same bus. He walked closer, still uncomfortable at how many people were on the bus.

Before he could even register what had happened, Jungkook had stood up and pulled him into the single bus seat instead. Jimin looked up to him, slightly stunned, but Jungkook only smiled as he held onto the rail.

Jungkook was looking outside the window, his eyes following the ceneray. People kept butting into him as the bus got more and more full, making him sway from side to side occasionally, but the soft smile never once left his lips.

Jimin hated to admit it, but he felt safe, sitting there on the single bus seat, his bag clutched closely to his chest as the younger shielded him from the rest of the bus.

"Yah." He suddenly called, Jungkook's eyes immediately looking down to him. "Don't talk so casually to me."

Jungkook seemed confused, titling his head to the side questioningly.

"Earlier." Jimin said." You called me Jimin-ah. I'm one year older than you, you know."

"k, hyung." Jungkook said, speaking just as informally.

"Yah." Jimin called again. "I'm not your hyung."

"Should I call you oppa then?" Jungkook teased, his clear and slightly loud voice attracting the attention of a few people around them.

A few high school students cooed at them, whispering amongst themselves about how cool Jungkook had just sounded. Some elderly not so subtly leaning to the side to get a glimpse of Jimin.

His cheeks burned up a bright red as he looked down to his shoes, hearing Jungkook chuckle above him.

"Shut up." He mumbled, but Jungkook only laughed more.

They stepped out of the bus, Jimin looking down in utter embarrassment as everyone seemed to glance at him when he stood up.

"Jimin-oppa, which clas-" Jungkook started teasingly, bending down slightly to reach Jimin's shorter stature.

But before he could finish his sentence, Jimin slapped his shoulder. Jungkook tried to dodge him, taking a few steps away from the older as an amused smile painted his lips. But apparently Jimin wasn't giving up that easily, and ended up chasing him to the school.

"Jimin-oppa!" Jungkook called as he ran ahead, looking behind to the shorter, who was surprisingly keeping up with him. "You run pretty fast with your short legs."

"I'm coming for you kneecaps, punk." Yelled Jimin as he ran.

He was boiling with anger as he chased the younger, not even minding the other students on their way to school looking at them curiously as they rushed past them, but he didn't notice the smile spreading across his cheeks.

It felt good to run, he felt free.

***

"Hyung-ah." Jungkook called as he peeked his head through the door, catching the attention of a few people.

He greeted a few of the other third years he knew, most of the class amazed at his dazzling smile and pleasing body proportions. Jeon Jungkook was decently popular, mostly because he was handsome, good and sports and kind enough not to get on anyone's bad side.