ZES

Votes and comments highly appreciated (:

"Jimin-ah?" The young mother questioned softly as she opened the door to her son's room, finding it completely engulfed in darkness despite it being noon.

She entered with a small tray in hand, hot chocolate, a glass of water and painkillers on it. She placed it on the teenager's bedside table, sitting on his bed slowly.

"Jimin." She called again, lifting the covers off of his face.

The boy was curled up on his side, a big bunny plushie held tightly to his chest. He sniffled slightly, rubbing his red and puffy eyes as he sat up in bed, wincing slightly, the plushie still in his arms.

"Does your head still hurt?" She asked softly as she handed him the painkiller and glass of water, her eyes detailing his face worriedly.

His black hair was sticking up awkwardly from not having left his bed during the entire day. His eyes were swollen, and lined red, a stark contrast to his pale skin and hollowed cheeks.

He nodded wordlessly, keeping his head hung low. Shaky hands reached for the glass of water and pill. He placed it on his tongue, all of his movements sluggish, except the violent shaking of his hands. They trembled so much the water in the glass almost spilled.

"Jimin-ah?" She asked again, as gently as possible. "Are you sure you're alright. Maybe we should go to the hospital for a checkup?"

He shook his head, eyes unfocused, drowning the medicine and pain killer.

"I'm f-ine." He choked out lowly, voice raw from crying and not speaking.

As he said those words, tears clouded his vision and he broke down again, sobs wracking through his thin body.

"Jimin-ah." His mother sighed, wrapping her arms around her son and holding him tightly.

She had absolutely no idea what was going on, but her son had never been this unwell in his entire life. He was usually a lively kid, although a little shy around people he didn't know. He was hardly ever sick, let alone to his extent. She had taken the entire week off as soon as she had seen him walk inside the previous day.

He cried and cried, gripping her shirt and calling out to her. She stroked his hair gently, rocking him from side to side in a desperate need to calm him down. He wasn't breathing correctly because of the sobs rattling through his small frame, and she was worried he would faint.

"I'm here Jimin," She whispered, tears welling up in her own eyes. "Mom is here."

His father had come up the stairs, alarmed by the loud cries, and now stood in the doorway, eyes wide at the scene in front of him.

As soon as Jimin had seen him, he had closed his eyes tightly, small hands gripping his mother's shirt even tighter, another flood of tears rolling down his red cheeks.

His eyes were so red, so swollen, and his hands were shaking so much even his father could see it from the hall.

Mr Park was never one to cry, and had always taught his son to be a respectable man, someone who was strong and on whom people could count on and depend on. But as he saw the state his son was in, instead of reprimanding him and telling him to dry his tears, he felt his own eyes water.

It took his wife an hour to calm down their child's sobs, and by the time he had regulated his breathing he was passed out on his bed again. His eyelashes were clumped together from all the tears, eyes even redder than before. She gently stroked his hair, relieved to finally see his calm face as his chest rose with his steady breaths.

She felt a warm hand on her shoulder, worried eyes looking into those of her husband. She sighed gently, standing up slowly and tucking the teenager in gently, placing the plushy next to him.

Mrs Park stood in the silent room, looking down at her son as the warm hand of her spouse wrapped around her waist. She sighed again, letting her head lean on his shoulder gently.

"Is he alright?" He whispered.

She stayed silent, but shook her head.

"Do you know what happened?" He asked, but she shook her head again, eyes watering as her lip wobbled.

"I'm scared," She whispered as she buried her face into the crook of his neck, feeling his arms circle her frame gently. "I've never seen him like this."

"I know." He whispered. "I'll call the school, alright? Get some sleep as well."

With those words, he loosened the embrace to place a soft kiss to her forehead and led both of them out of the room, closing the door gently.

A/N:
I just know y'all are going to hate me so much for this chapter,
so I'm not going to ask if you liked it (that make it worse right?)

I'm just going to thank you for reading (: