TWEE EN TWENTIG

"You okay?" Jungkook asked, looking down at the younger whose eyes were strained to his feet.

The two were walking home from the daycare after their not-so-productive study time with Taehyung. Jungkook had noticed Jimin had seemed uneasy, and although he was relaxing as they walked he had decided it would never hurt to ask.

"Mhm," Jimin hummed, slowly looking up in front of him.

His hand slowly reached for Jungkook's, shorter fingers wrapping around the younger's cold ones shyly. Jungkook stopped walking, looking at Jimin questioningly, curious as to why the shorter was suddenly being openly affectionate despite rejecting all of his previous attempts at a friendship.

But instead of explaining himself, Jimin took a step forward and leaned his head against Jungkook's shoulder, sighing softly.

The younger looked down at Jimin's hair swaying in the cold brisk gently, pausing for a few seconds before his hands rose up to wrap around Jimin's smaller frame, one of his hands combing through his hair softly.

"I'm tired," Jimin whispered, his hands slowly wrapping around Jungkook's waist.

"I know, let's just stay like this for a few seconds," he said gently, his head snuggling into the side of Jimin's softly.

Jimin sighed again, feeling Jungkook's breath warm his ears. He felt comfortable, he felt warm. Jungkook's arms were strong around him, but he held him gently. He felt safe.

"Jimin?"

Both boys broke apart hastily, turning around to face a middle aged woman with a grocery bag in each hand, a large parka wrapped around her smaller frame. Her skin was pale, eyes dull as she looked between both boys questioningly.

"Mom," Jimin breathed, feeling dread wash over him.

If his mother got the wrong idea and thought he and Jungkook were dating, she would definitely associate both of them with his pedofile, sex predator of a teacher. Maybe she would think he was sick, that his teacher had infected him, and that he should be cured with therapy or-

"Mrs Park, it is a pleasure to meet you," Jungkook said in the most formal register possible, bowing politely as he walked up to her. "Would you like help with these bags?"

The woman looked at him, eyes still doubtful as the highschooler took her bags for her.

"Who're you?" She asked.

"I'm Jimin-hyung's classmate, Jeon Jungkook," he answered, smile at his lips.

But it wasn't the warm, caring smile Jimin knew, it was a careful, commercial smile.

"Hyung?" Mrs Park asked, looking at her son.

"J-jungkook was asking me for help with his homework," Jimin said, the ease with which he lied surprising Jungkook.

"And did that include the two of you embracing in the middle of the street?" She said, looking at Jungkook with a smile just as commercial as his own.

"That was my reward for finish the work early," Jungkook answered politely, urging Mrs Park to lead the way back to their house.

The walk was short, but it had felt like the longest few minutes in all of Jimin's life.
Both Jungkook and his mother were walking in front of him silently, neither of them even daring to look at each other.

Jimin was scared, terrified even, that his mother would do anything in her power to keep the two apart.

Although Jungkook had been rather annoying at first, always prying and knowing more than what he was comfortable with, Jimin had gotten used to him, and suddenly the idea of him leaving clawed at his heart.

If Jungkook weren't by his side, he would be left with nothing to look forward to in life. He was a friend, an ally.

He needed him.

***

"Here we are," Mrs Park said, turning around her doorstep and pulling Jimin behind her.

Jungkook was about to follow after them but the woman didn't move back, clearly denying him entrance. He smiled awkwardly, quickly understanding the situation and handing her the shopping bags.

"Here," he said, trying his best to muster a smile.

"Thank you. Now off you go, wouldn't want your parents worrying," she said, before quickly turning around and pulling her son behind her.

He let himself be pulled inside without resistance, kicking his off shoes alongside her own and keeping his her snowed down as she lead him to the kitchen.

"Park Jimin," she sighed, placing the grocery bags on the table and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Is he really your friend?" she asked.

"Yes mom," he answered, mechanically almost, gaze down.

"He wasn't troubling you...or anything?"

Jimin clenched his fist tightly, digging his thumbnail into the wound that had spread across the palm of his hand.

He was almost angry that his mother would think such things of Jungkook, the only person who had offered him a glimpse of comfort since his assault.

But he couldn't feel sick strong emotions anymore, all his feeling were mulled over, muffled by the cotton that filled his head.

"No, he wasn't troubling me."

She nodded, her shoulders seemingly relaxing.

"Oh thank god," she said, taking a few quick steps towards him and wrapping her arms around him.

The hug felt cold, heavy. Her frail arms wrapped around him like chains and bound him close, weighing in his shoulders heavily, a great contrast to Jungkook's strong arms embracing him softly.

He missed Jungkook.

"Try not to get too close to other men alright, especially if they are... you know," She said.

"Jungkook isn't gay," he said.

I am, that he didn't say.

"That's good," she said, pulling away from him to look at his face.

She smiled warmly, one of those motherly smiles that dripped with love and honey. He smiled, painfully. Mrs Park had a terrible way of showing it, but she truly did care for her child, and was trying her best to navigate this new challenge in parenthood.

As she looked at her child, her precious boy, and thought of all the atrocities that had been inflicted upon him, her eyes clouded with tears. She was about to wrap her arms around him once again but the door opened, revealing none other than her husband.

"Welcome back, dear," she said, quickly blinking her tears away and patting her son's back.

She quickly made her way to her husband's side, helping him out if his coat and asking him about his day, and as Jimin looked at the two of them he couldn't help the overwhelming need to disappear.

Like he didn't belong in his own family anymore.

A/N:
hey guy!

Hope you don't mind me interrupting the regular broadcast for lil platonic jikook action :)

Hope you guys leave some comments, it always makes my day