PROLOGUE

Votes and comments highly appreciated :)

July 1992

"Dr Song, I'm not sure that's a good idea. I mean no mother would ever agree to this, no matter how much money you're offeri-" The woman tried to argue, her glasses falling down her long nose as her hands moved frantically with her words.

She walked briskly behind him, her lab coat flowing behind her as her short block heels clicked on the ground.

"Shut up." Song Yikang snapped, turning around to his college sharply. "I have never been so close to a breakthrough before, there is no way I am giving up now."

And with that, he resumed his frantic walk down the research ward towards the general hospital. One of his hands was stuffed in his lab coat, the other one to his face as he bit on his thumb nail, a habit from his childhood. He was nervous, trying to think fast despite the woman trailing loudly behind him.

"Please listen Doctor!" She insisted. "You are one of the most brilliant scientists I have ever had the pleasure of working with, but you are going way too far!"

"Dongyeon-ssi." The man gritted through his teeth as he ran a hand through his thick salt and pepper hair. "Don't push it."

"No one will ever agree to give up their newborn for such barbaric procedures Dr." She pleaded, taking a hold of his arm to prevent him from going any further.

She looked deep into his charcoal eyes as soon as he turned around to face her, trying to find any sign of hesitation in them.

There was none.

As he slapped her hand away and smoothed out the wrinkles of his lab coat, she knew there was no stopping him.

"Then I won't give them a choice." He said slowly, speeding away.

"Dr Song!" The woman cried out one last time before he turned the corner and disappeared, not once looking back.

She cursed under her breath, running a hand through her short hair frantically before whipping her phone out of her pocket. Dongyeon has been working with him for two years now, she knew how passionate he was about his research, maybe a little too passionate...

She was worried he would do something out of the line.

Dr Song Yikang kept his fast pace as he dodged the nurses and doctors on his way, not minding their accusing gazes when his shoulder happened to brush against theirs.

He slammed the door to the maternity ward open, catching the attention of a few mothers, crying babies in arms and deep dark circles under their eyes.

He had been there a few times, but wasn't yet used to the loud cries of day old offsprings and the stuffy smell of baby powders and creams.

Before he got to speak to anyone, a nurse came up to him. Upon further inspection, she seemed healthy, and with good genes at that: tall and slim woman, shiny dark hair tied behind her, clear skin and a slight tint to her cheeks.

"Oh, Dr Song." She said, the pitch of her voice coy as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "What do we owe the pleasure of seeing you here today?"

The man trailed his eyes down her body again. On top of her healthy skin and fit figure, she had fairly large breasts and wide hips compared to her counterparts.

"Haneul-ssi," he trailed, eyes finally going back to her eyes. "Do you have children?"

She seemed slightly taken aback, but maintained a painfully obvious, and certainly not professional, flirtatious attitude.

"No, do you?" She asked.

He ignored her question.

"Come with me." He said, grabbing onto her thin wrist and pulling her along with him.

She resisted, looking around the room hesitantly to all the women who were staring right back at her with knowing eyes.

It was a fairly known fact that Min Haneul had a crush on Song Yikang.

"Dr Song," she said, trying to hide her growing smile and pink cheeks. "I'm on duty..."

The doctor looked down to her, pulling her hand harder.

"Consider this part of your job as a nurse." He said as he finally managed to get her out of the maternity ward and into the crowded corridors.

"This is to assure the positive development of the human species." He then added under his breath.

They both made it back to the research ward in record time. Dr Song pulled the young woman into his office, closing the door and locking it as she looked around in awe, innocently.

"What an honour to finally see your office." She said with a pretty smile, looking back to him.

The middle aged man ignored her again, simply shrugging off his lab coat and loosening his tie.

"Doctor?" She asked, looking away, unsure of what to expect as the scientist took slow steps closer to her. "Is everything alright?"

Her playful attitude had completely shifted to a more hesitant demeanor. With every menacing step he took closer, she took one back cautiously until her hands hit his desk. She gripped the dark wood, digging her nails into it.

"Everything is perfect." He said as his hand suddenly grabbed her throat and slammed her body down to lay across his desk. "Just perfect"

A/N:
hey everyone!

Thank you so much for supporting this story already!

I know this prologue is kind of grim so I'll be posting the first chapter shortly.