42

Mei

     The first day in Tokyo went by just as we planned. All of us woke up around 11 a.m. and decided to eat out. Taking the guys to the cafe that Kari, Ama, Ai, and I were in love with. It felt nostalgic being here with Kari...but I felt a lot of other feelings as well. Sitting beside Atsumu in a cafe that means so much to me...it was amazing. It made me feel like a little child on a Christmas morning.

On the first day, we decided to be nerdy and go to Akihabara. We were pretty much walking around, shopping in stores, eating in cafes. We went both to a maid cafe and to Akiba Fukurou, the owl cafe. We went Go-Karting as well, which was a really fun experience.

Both Osamu and Suna were pretty much bullying Atsumu, cutting his road off and stuff. Kari and I ended up coming first and second because the guys pretty much fought against each other. Even. Ginjima joined the whole bully thing.

I let Kari pass me and win, because seeing that excited shine in her eyes really brought me back to old times. Seeing her as happy as a child getting a new toy was refreshing and cute to see.

We visited both the Kanda Myojin Shrine and Tokyo Daijingu Shrine, that's popular as a wedding place and known as having special power for love knots. We got ramen for dinner and then ended up going on the Tokyo tower.

All of us turned out to be nerds and ended up going on a shopping spree so by the time we returned, we were really tired. But that didn't stop up from having a movie marathon and going to sleep really late.

Both the second and third days we ended up going on a more serious side. And by serious I mean visiting shrines, museums, parks, and gardens. We ended up having quite a picnic at one of the parks and just relaxing.

On the fourth day, we kind of spread out. The guys went god knows where, saying it's a secret, while Kari and I went to a spa with a pool and everything. Of course, when we were done with that, we went to a mall and had yet another shopping spree there.

As we left one of the shops, tired as hell, and with a bunch of bags in our hands, we walk towards a restaurant that we picked. I take out my phone to check if Atsumu texted and didn't really pay attention to my surroundings. That was, until I bumped into Kari herself.

"Why did you stop so sudde-" I stop when I notice how shook Kari is. Her eyes wide and filled with terror, her whole body shaking. She looked like a bunny in front of a wolf--

And there's only one thing that frightens her like that.

Looking up, I am greeted by blue tracksuits. The same ones that appear on many volleyball weekly a lot.

I had an inner battle on what to do there and then. And I cursed that it was today and the guys and us two decided to separate. Now, I felt as scared as Kaori, just didn't want to show it for her sake. I'm not letting anything happen to her.

I don't care what I have to do.

And then, our eyes meet. For a second his onyx ones widen in surprise, clearly not expecting this encounter. After all, neither of us were in Tokyo anymore. While I stayed in Miyagi, he and the others were in Yokohama.

A practice game, I suppose? That's the only logical answer to the team's presence in Tokyo. And wearing their tracksuits.

What surprised me, is that he looked lost. He didn't know what to do. But that quickly changed as he masked his feelings quickly and a smirk replaced his features.

"My, my, such an unexpected presence.
Fukumoto Kaori and the traitor..." with his greeting, the rest of the team turned to look at us.

Kuromiya Akihiro, Zenigata Jun'ichi, Sakamoto Hiro, and Shiro. To think we were once five troublesome brats running around and having fun...and now?