23

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟯

' 𝑲𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒖𝒏𝒐 𝒗𝒔 𝑨𝒐𝒃𝒂𝒋𝒐𝒉𝒔𝒂𝒊 '

𝗠𝗲𝗶

I stood in the shadows of one of the entrances, scanning the inside of the stadium and looking for my own family. "There they are." Tooru peeks through ny shoulder carefully. "You can see a guy with bright red hair. That's my cousin. And everyone around him, well, except Kuroo Tetsurou, is my family."

"They look intimidating as hell!"

"Yeah, well, that's the Akashi and Udai family for you." I glance at Tooru, who's staring at my family seriously. He didn't look scared at all. I like it.

Of course I have no idea how he would act if he actually stood infront of them. Hopefully, he wouldn't be like when Kuroo met my uncle and aunt for the first time. I know that my uncle's scary as hell, but I thought he would shit himself on the spot.

"So what are we going to do?"

I look at him in amusement. "We?"

He looks at me with a small smirk. "You did drag me into this when you showed up at my door 3 in the morning. Not that I'm complaining." I shake my head with a small smile, glad that Tooru's beside me at the moment. "May I ask why the hell Kuroo-chan is here?"

"Hm.." I mumble and then sigh. "I guess...we had a past. We good friends...so my family knows him and actually adores him. Then we got into a fight and we're trying....to fix things I guess?"

His eyes darken slightly making me frown. "He likes you, doesn't he?"

"I'm not sure. I used to like him...but..." Do I still like him? I'm not...so sure. The feelings that clouded over me may be nothing more than an illusion. It could be sadness and self pity that masked themselves as love. I wanted to be selfish when he kissed me...

But isn't it just so I could put this past us once and for all?

Besides, Kuroo doesn't like me. He just pitied me. He doesn't have feelings for me. "I doubt that he likes me." I look at Tooru who looks back at me. We stared at each other for a while, until our teams arrived and interrupted us.

"There you are, Dumbass." it was Tooru's friend... Iwaizumi Hajime, I believe. I scan Aobajohsai quickly and then notice my own team behind them.

"Coach!" I shout as soon as I spot the older man. I glance at Tooru quickly. "I'll see you later." I meant to tell that silently so only he could hear, but it seems like everyone heard. I run up to the older male with a sheepish smile. "Coach, I'm in trouble."
The rest of our team surrounds us, listening in as well.

"Oh no, what did you do?"

I scratch the back of my neck, a nervous smile on my lips. "So yeah, um, I was kind of admitted to a hospital at night...for some...reasons and um...my whole family came freaked out...but I ran away from them all and escaped the hospital and hid. And now all of them are sitting there as if daring me to show up."

" What?! "

" Why the hell were you admitted to a hospital?! "

" Are you okay?"

Kiyoko touches my forehead, measuring my temperature. "I'm fine, I really am!" their eyes fall to my knee making me move around freely. "My knee is also fine."

"Where were you staying?" Yuu suddenly asks making me freeze. I look away from him, not daring to meet his intense gaze.

"Um...places?"