Chapter Seventeen: Malls And Falls

Was William even real?..

*Time skip a few hours later at Talia's house*

"You know that school starts tomorrow" Iris pestered. 

"Youv'e been on medical leave for almost four months" She added. 

"Eww school" I whined. I was definitely not in the mood to go to school. I was not very popular either. I had one friend, Iris.

"Which means..." She began. 

"Shopping!" Iris squealed, her eyes filled with excitement. I hated shopping. I know, I'm such a girl. Iris's eyes scanned my outfit for a moment. 

"Who's hoodie is that?" She pondered. I looked down at my oversized sweatshirt and realized I didn't have my sweater on from the night before. 

"Christopher" I muttered under my breath. 

"It's a guy's sweatshirt?! OMG Talia! You slept with a guy? Give me deets!" She bounced up and down as if she were a two-year-old on Christmas.

"Iris! Calm down. I was at a party-" I was cut off.

"You were at a party? Were there guys there?" She stumbled over her words exitedly.

"No Iris, there were no guys there. That's why I have a guy's hoodie on." I responded sarcastically. "Now let me finish the story!" 

"Okay I'll shut up" She pretended to zip up her lips. 

"Anyways.. I was at a college party with my friend Christopher, and I got separated from him. Then I drank this stuff and the next thing I knew I was on a bed with this hoodie on" I shrugged.

"Who is Christopher" Iris raised her eyebrows as a grin spread over her lips.

"A.. guy I met" I said a little too quickly.

"Hmm, well you are telling me all about him after we go shopping" She gestured me towards the door. 

"Let's go shopping!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was the most awful experience of my life. I was practically trampled by a swarm of girls over a stupid dress that was on sale. Then, I had to wait in a 30 minute line to buy a sweater. And on top of that, I dropped my phone into the mall's fountain. 

Great

Just Great

"Come on" I grunted as I tried for the seventh time to turn my phone back on. After a couple more tries, it still would not turn on.

"Stupid phone" I grumbled and chucked it across the room. After I put my new clothes away and cleaned my nuclear war-zone of a room, I took a shower and changed into a pair of sweatpants and a tank top. I walked over to where I threw my phone and picked it up. I pressed the home button and the lock screen appeared.

"Oh so now you turn on" I scoffed. Something caught my attention. It said "two unread messages". Curious, I unlocked my phone and clicked the imessages app. It read

        I need to talk to you.

      Tomorrow.

                  -Chris 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~