Chapter Twenty-Two: 5 Feet 9 Inches Of Pure Evil

*Beep beep beep beep*

This was the beautiful sound that woke me up. I groaned and rolled off of my bed. My hair was sticking up in places I thought it never could. I rushed into the shower. After my shower I checked my phone.

5:45

School starts at 7:30. I rummaged through my closet for my old school uniform. It was a short navy blue skirt along with a matching navy blue blazer. I paired it off with my black high top converse. I checked my phone to see if I had any messages from Christopher.

The screen was blank. I wasn't one of those girls that clung to a guy she liked like a sloth, but it just felt weird to not have him near me.

Oh well. I shrugged and headed downstairs to my kitchen. After grabbing a granola bar and a banana, I went out front to my buggy.

"I gosh I love you" I kissed the gorgeous metal framework of my car. Applying a light coat of mascara to my eyes, I switched on the radio and started singing my heart out to 'Maps' by Maroon 5.

"And I'm followin' the map that leads to you" I tapped my fingers along my leather steering wheel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How's your head Talia?" Her voice shot out through her posse of girls that formed around us.

"Still hurt? Huh, it's a shame that your mommy and daddy weren't there to protect you" She smirked, flipping her auburn hair over to the side.

"Stop it" I barked back

"Stop what" She stepped closer to me.

Oh wait, I should probably tell you how this first started.

I stepped inside the school doors. The familiar brick walls welcomed me in. I strode towards the counselors office to get my schedule.

"Talia! You are finally back!" A cheery little voice chirped from behind me. I spun around to see my counselor, Miss Kim. She was short with her long black hair tied up in a perfect bun.

"Miss Kim!" I hugged her.

"Oh here is your schedule for the second semester, since it is already April, we've just given you your classes from last semester." She informed me. A wave of embarassement washed over her face.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"Well, since you missed many months of work, you need to have a GPA over 4.0 or else you will have to take summerschool" Her eyes bore into the ground.

"Well, that's okay" I answered her sweetly, before turning towards the door that lead out into the hallway.

"I'll see you around!" She called out to me before returning to her work. I strolled down the hallways towards my old locker.

"Hey look who came crawling back" A catty voice spun me around and I was face to face with Hanna. She was 5 feet and 9 inches of pure evil. To the entire school though, she was an angel sent from heaven to bring peace and "harmony" to everyone. She looked like one too, with her soft, peach skin to her silky auburn hair.

Everybody loved her.

Everybody but me.

"How's your head Talia?" She snapped me out of my train of thought. I glared at her, balling my fists up.

"Still hurt? Huh, it's a shame that your mommy and daddy weren't there to protect you" She sneered, her big brown doe eyes boring into mine.

"Stop it" I growled, my nails had begun digging into my hand.

"Stop what" Hanna stepped closer to me, her face inches away from mine.

"Don't forget where you stand here" She hissed, before giving her hair another flip and striding down the hallway towards her next class.

The rest of the day sucked. It started with me rushing into my Calculus class late and ended with me having a panic attack in the middle of Biotechnical engineering because a boatload of work was thrust upon my shoulders.

I finally escaped the horrid building when the final bell rang, announcing that school was over. I trudged over to my car, my bag filled with books slung over my shoulder. I turned on my phone. Still no messages from Chris.

Was he ignoring me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N) This chapter was kind of short, but don't worry because the next one will be long and filled with juicy drama.

Love you guys!

-Alex