Chapter Twenty-One: Private School Is "So Fun"

Thanks to @jeaniekimster for the amazing cover!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you ever been in those situations where it is so awkward that you just want to curl up into a fetal position and die? Well, welcome to my world.

After we had kissed, I told Chris that I had to be home soon, so he started up his car and began driving back. The only noise was the hum of his mini cooper and our ragged breaths. Chris seemed to notice the awkwardness of the situation and he placed his free hand on top of mine.

"School starts tomorrow" He smirked as I let out an exxagerated groan. My school is definetly not lik other schools where you have the 'cheerleaders' with the 'jocks' and 'nerds' so on and so forth. Nope, my parents signed me up for a preppy little private school equipped with uniforms and everything.

Fun.

Did I also forget to mention that everyone knows eachother so me coming back after a very long hospital break is going to be a big deal. By deal I mean gossip.

"Earth to Talia?...." Chris's hand swooped over my eyes which shook me out of my thoughts.

"Wha- sorry were you saying something?" I managed to say before his eyes looked down at my lips. a huge grin spread across his face. Did I do something? 

"You're drooling" He burst out laughing.

"Aw are you checking me out?" He chirped. Heat swam into my cheeks as I quickly wiped the slobber off of my face. I made sure I gave him my best death glare, before turning and looking out the window.

"Hey I'm sorry, I had to" I heard him apologize. As soon as we pulled into the driveway, I said my goodbye to him and watched as he drove away. Waving like a maniac, I sauntered off into the house.

I've never been so happy to be without boys. I checked the time.

10:35 pm

I took a quick shower and changed into my comfy sweatpants with a light blue tank top. After braiding my hair, I went downstairs into the kitchen and found Iris munching away at a grilled cheese.

"Hey you" I walked up and grabbed her sandwich out of her hands making sure to take the biggest bite I could.

"Bitch! Give me my grilled cheese!" She growled like a dog and snatched the sandwich away from me.

"Calm down Satan!" I threw my hands up in defense and stepped back.

"How'd your date with Chris go?" She asked.

"It was not.. I mean.. No it wasn't really a date, but we kinda sorta... kissed" I stumbled over my words as Iris's mouth hung wide open.

"Talia! You kissed Chris?! Are you guys dating or something now?" She grabbed my shoulders with excitement.

"No..." I turned away from her. I grabbed a granola bar and headed upstairs to get some very much needed sleep.

"Well goodnight to you too sleeping beauty" I heard her call.

"You aren't staying over?" I hollered back.

"No, my sister asked me to help her with her homework" She screamed. I just rolled my eyes.

Tomorrow is going to be great.

Hah.

Nope.