Chapter Ten: Blake

I stared at the looming figure. He was the one who had left Talia. He was the brother who should have been there for her when she needed someone. Why did he even show up to her funeral if he left her long ago? Ugh I wanted to slap him so hard..

Wait... What's stopping me?

I narrowed my eyes at him and gave him a nice smack on the face.

"The hell?.." He rubbed the spot on his cheek where I had slapped him, glaring at me.

"What in gods name was that for?!" Blake yelled. His icy blue eyes scanned my brown ones for any sign.

"You left her" I spat in a harsh tone, emphasizing each word.

Blake's face grew emotionless. "I.." He stammered, taken back by my statement. He soon regained his dignity and returned my glare with a sad look.

"You do not know anything about why I left" He growled. I stood my ground.

"I have all day" I pursed my lips into a frown.

"Listen up kid, I did not want to leave my sister and even if I told you why, you wouldn't believe me anyways" Blake whispered.

"Who says I wouldn't believe you?" I said. All of a sudden his hands found my waist and he shoved my hard against one of the church's walls, leaning forward so that our faces were almost touching.

"I don't want you telling anybody about this. Do you understand?" He muttered.

"I.. I promise" I stammered, surprised by his strength. His chest was right on mine and I could feel his heartbeat racing. Then his face softened and he let me go.

"About a year ago, I was driving to work. All of a sudden I couldn't feel my arms or legs so I tried to pull over and the next thing I knew, I was in this... place" His breath was shaky.

"What place?" I questioned him. He looked at me, then around the room.

"1945" He mumbled. Most people in their right minds would have bolted away thinking this man was insane but for some reason, I didn't.

"I believe you" I broke the silence. He gave me a timid smile before bursting into tears.

All this time, he didn't mean to leave Talia. Then a thought came to me.

"How did you get back?" I asked him. He looked up at me and sniffled.

"I don't know, one day I just sort of came back" He looked just as confused as me.

"Can I trust you with something?" I met his icy gaze.

"Well, I did just tell you that I time travelled back to 1945, so yes" Blake joked. I bit my lip and played with my fingers.

"About four months ago, Talia and I were in her room, she had just come back from the hospital." I started.

"And we were arguing, and then she disappeared" I finished. His eyes grew hopeful and he hugged me. I wrapped my arms around him, thankful that at least somebody believes me.

"You don't think she.." Blake pulled away from the hug.

"Time travelled?" I finished his sentence.

"Yes" He said softly.

"Well what do we do?" I asked him honestly. There was a long pause. I could see him trying to think.

"We wait" He finally spoke.