Chapter One: Vogue Magazine Here I Come

I'ts cold.

Almost freezing.

I can't feel my fingers... My breath hitched once I realized where I was.

Why the hell am I in a hospital bed?!

Okay okay calm down Talia.

Deep breaths.. .

After taking a few minutes to calm down, I scanned the room again. lt was small, its walls painted an egg-white and the floor seemed to match the theme because it too was a rotten sort of beige. There was however a little window overlooking the sky, letting in the tiniest amount of sunshine. There were no trees though.

"Great, a high building." I muttered to myself as I adjusted to my surroundings, my eyes fell upon my chest which was covered in all of these strange suction cups. They wrapped around me as if they were snakes. I started breathing rapidly, ripping them off with my now sweaty hands. My breath caught short and my heart was pounding through my chest, thoughts swirled around in my head.

Why am I here?

What happened?

I glazed over the room yet again and noticed a clipboard on a old wooden desk in front of the window. My feet hit the clammy floor as I stood up slowly and carefully moved over to the desk.

It read:

Patients name: Talia Hazelwood; Age: 16; Time of arrival: December 14, 3:23 pm; Case: Extreme migraine. Room number: 125.

"Shit." I muttered.

*Flashback*

I fell onto my bed clutching my head. I could feel the pain coursing through my whole body. Tears began to stream down my face as if I was a dam that had just burst.

"Help?! Somebody please help me!" I cried out, but nobody was there. Suddenly, the pain that was once eating me from the inside out subsided, and a cold numbness overcame me.

Then I blacked out.

*End of flashback*

The sound of the nearby clock ripped me from my thoughts. I pulled myself up from the floor and trudged out the door of my hospital room. My head was pulsating from it's impact with the ground just moments ago. I made my way out the door and wandered around the hospital for a little while until I found a nurse typing away on a laptop.

"Hello, I was wondering if I could get my things?" I asked the woman. She looked up from her work, studied me for a moment, then continued typing information into her computer.

"Of course, your name miss?" the nurse replied, after fluffing her short brown curls.

"Talia Hazelwood, room number 125." I answered, suddenly realizing that I was barefoot and practically naked in a cloth gown. My cheeks flushed red as she led me through a hallway filled with doors and opened one of them, revealing a closet with a couple bags. As soon as I found what looked like my old leather duffel, I changed out of the embarassing grandma gown the doctors had put me in and into comfy black leggings and a big knit sweater. I managed to find my phone in the big mess of clothes. It was turned off.

Damn iPhones take forever to turn on.

When the small apple icon disappeared, revealing my gorgeous screensaver of the one and only Sam Smith, I almost shrieked when I saw my battery.

"Shit, my battery is at 17 percent!" I scrolled through my contacts until I found my best friend, Iris. A few rings sounded until finally a female's voice spoke.