Chapter Nine: Torn

*Iris's P.O.V.*

Today is the day. I thought as I slipped on my tight black dress. I curled my hair and went out to my car. I pulled into the parking lot of the church. I stepped inside to see a few people dressed in black gathered around a shrine. 

"We are gathered here today in remembrance of Talia Hazelwood." A male's voice broke the silence. He was the funeral director.

"Does anyone have anything to say?" He questioned the group. 

"I do." I mumbled. 

"What was that?" The man stared at me 

"I have something to say." I spoke louder, stepping into the center of the group. 

"Talia is like a sister to me." I began. Everybody started whispering. 

"I.. I mean.. was like a sister to me. We grew up together-" I recited my speech.

*Talia's P.O.V.*

"Morning." I yawned stretching my arms out. I flipped over to my side to see William staring at me with those gorgeaous forest green eyes of his. 

"Good morning." He smiled and sat up. I watched him as he walked over to his dresser. He took off his shirt. He didn't have Channing Tatum's abs, but he did have an amazing v-line along with pecs. William spun around, noticing that I was checking him out.

"Why are you staring at me." His eyes locked with mine. 

He's so... so..

"Hot." I blurted out. 

"What?" He gave me a weird look. 

"I.. I.. uhh." I stuttered, covering my mouth, my cheeks felt hot.

"Did you just call me hot?" He questioned.

"Why would I be hot? I feel fine." He reached up to feel his forehead, his brows furrowed in confusion. He looked so cute when he was confused. I stiffled a laugh. He walked over to me and cupped my face in his hands. 

"You really are something Miss Hazelwood." His warm breath creeping doen my neck. 

"I love you so much." He trilled, his eyes twinkling.

Then it all came to me. All of those feelings I felt when I saw him. The butterflies I felt when he smiled at me for the first time. I loved William.

"I- I love you too." I managed to say before my lips crashed onto his.

*Iris's P.O.V.*

I finished my speech in tears. A few more people spoke, and then the funeral ended. Just like that. I noticed a man standing in the back of the church crying.

"Hey are you okay?" I comforted him. He looked up at me. The stranger had icy blue eyes and a chiseled jawline. His hair was light brown and he wore a black suit with white shoes.

"I'll be alright." He said while wiping a tear away. He stood up and turned to leave.

"Wait." I called.

"I didn't catch your name." I finished.

"Blake" He replied with a grim look.

"Blake Hazelwood."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~