Chapter Sixteen: Facing Reality

*Talia's P.O.V.*

My face felt warm as I opened my eyes to blinding sunlight. I made this weird hissing sound.

"Gah, it burns" I shielded my eyes as if I was a vampire. I scanned the room and realized that I was definitely not at my house. 

"You're awake" A voice came from beside me. I turned my attention to a groggy Christopher rubbing his eyes. I started to scream before his hand covered my mouth. 

"Shhh! I know you are probably freaked out and no I didn't kidnap you." He blurted. 

"Remember that guy who wanted to dance with you?" He questioned me, slowly removing his hand from my lips. 

"Yeah he was creepy" I noted. 

"Well I found you passed out in one of the rooms and that guy was basically trying to rape you" Christopher went on. I stared at him for a moment. Tried to rape me?! What the legit hell!

"Was I naked?!" I felt my cheeks turn pink. I almost gagged when Christopher started blushing. 

"Tell me I wasn't naked" I fell back on the bed. 

"Not completely" He gulped. Great. First I have a terrible day, then I get dragged away from my only friend, and to top it off, I was almost raped. I groaned and sat back up rubbing my forehead. 

"So um.." Chris muttered, running his hands through his hair. 

"You okay?" He looked down at me. My face was buried in his pillow. I tilted my head up as his gaze locked with mine. 

"I.." I stuttered. I never really noticed how attractive Christopher was. His dark brown hair all messy from sleeping. 

"Yeah I'll be okay, thanks for taking care of me" I gave him a smile. He smiled back and stood up. 

"I have to take a shower. You can feel free to watch TV in the other room or I can drive you home if you want. I kind of wanted to get to know him.

"TV sounds cool to me, go do your man stuff" I shooed him off and headed into the other room. 

"Okay what show to watch." I grabbed the remote and clicked through the channels. 

"No." 

"Nope definitely not keeping up with the Kardashians" All of a sudden I spotted it. My absolute favorite show of all time. Doctor Who. It was a rerun, but I didn't care. Matt Smith's cheekbones could cut glass. I watched the Doctor fail at saving his companion Amy from the weeping angels. Which are murderous stone aliens. And cried when he saw her tombstone. I looked for my phone and couldn't find it. I hope Chris is still in the shower. I tiptoed into the bedroom and began searching in the covers for my phone. 

"What are you doing?" I heard Chris say. I turned around to tell him that I was only looking for my phone. He had a pair of boxers on but that's not what I was gawking at. Christopher had abs. Like real abs. I quickly averted my gaze as I felt my face getting hot.

"Is something wrong?" He grabbed my shoulder and spun me around. 

"Abs.." was all that came out. 

"Wha-" He began. 

"I mean abs.. absolutely nothing! Nothing is wrong." I tried giving him a smile to cover up what I had just said. 

"Okay... so what were you doing?" His hazel green eyes peering into mine. 

"I was just looking for my phone" I reasoned. I felt his hand still on my shoulder and I looked over at it. When I met his gaze again, I noticed that he was looking at my lips. He met my gaze again and there was an awkward silence. 

"Well.. I uh.. should go.." I broke the silence and continued searching for my phone. As soon as I found it, I headed towards the door. 

"Bye Chris" I spun around to face him. I caught a slight look of sadness on his face. 

"You don't have your car" Chris added. 

"Oh.. I'll just walk" It would be a terribly awkward car ride back because of what just happened. Plus it reminded me way too much of William. I closed the door behind me and headed out of the apartment towards my house. On my way home a thought came into my head. 

I was in a hospital, in a coma for over a week and I time-traveled back to 1793, fell in love with a guy and then time-travelled back? Did that actually happen? What if I was still in a coma while the whole time thing happened?

Was William even real....