Chapter Eleven: Footsteps

*Blake's P.O.V. *

-Flashback 1945-

"All males between the age of 18 to 50 are required to get a physical for recruitment."  A large man wearing an army uniform spoke. I don't know what the recruitment is even for. 

"Um sir..." I began raising my hand so the officer could see me. He glanced at me.

"Yes?" He grunted.

"What is this recruitment for?" I asked. Everyone in the room burst out laughing, including the officer.

"The war." He said between laughs.

War?! 

I surveyed the room I was in. Posters adorned the walls with Uncle Sam reaching out saying, I WANT YOU FOR U.S. ARMY. All of a sudden the room began to spin, I clutched my head in agonizing pain. Thoughts swirling around in my head. World War II? Am I going to die? What brought me here?

And then I woke up.

-End of Flashback-

My breathing was ragged and I had sweat all over me. I had stayed at the house where Talia and I had grown up in. Iris spent the night in Talia's room. We talked for hours about the war and where Talia could have gone. I turned my attention to the clock next to me.

"3:37 a.m." I mumbled. I fell back asleep, which was a mistake. 

*Talia's P.O.V.*

"Gotcha!" I screamed, tagging a little kid. I had taught the group of kids who threw snowballs at us how to play tag. They fell in love with it. 

"William! It is your turn to be the tagger!" A little boy squealed. 

"Alright, alright." He smiled. 

"I am going to count to thirty. Ready, set, go!" He covered his eyes as I ran with the children scanning the meadow for a place to hide. 

"Aha!" I whispered. There were two large trees entwined together, revealing a secret hole at the bottom. I ran towards it and crawled inside. 

"I am so out of shape." I panted. Over in the distance I heard William counting. 

"Twenty-eight, twenty-nine, thirty!" He shouted. I heard a few of the children giggling with excitement.

"Got you!" I heard him shout followed by a little girl scream. He was getting closer. My heart was racing in anticipation. I am such a two-year-old. I laughed a little too loud at my joke. The sound of footsteps grew closer. 

"Where are you?" A voice taunted. I didn't realize how hard I was breathing. Something moved right next to me. I inspected the source of noise to find that it was just a little mouse. It scampered away. I turned back around to look out of the hole and came face to face with William.

"Boo." He smirked. Let this be a lesson to never ever scare me. I shrieked so loud the entire town probably heard me. William fell to the ground laughing. I took it as my chance to run for it. 

"You can't catch me." I stuck my tongue out running out of the hole and into the field. 

"Cheater!" I heard him shout. I didn't bother turning around until I was a good distance from the two trees. William was catching up to me. Once I caught my breath I continued to run until I reached a ginormous cliff. 

"Crap." I grumbled. 

"Looks like I have got you." William purred. He slowly took a few steps toward me.

"Not yet." I spun around with a smirk plastered to my face. I began to climb the rocky cliff when a pair of hands wrapped around my waist. 

"How about now?" He sneered. 

"Nope, not yet." I gave him a wink.

"How about now?" William whispered as he pressed his body onto mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck while his stayed on my waist. Our lips were moving perfectly in sync. His hand began to trail down to my hipbone. I pulled away before anything else could happen. He was blushing big time.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" I reminded him. 

"What do you... The children!" He exclaimed as he snapped out of his trance. We both ran out and searched for each child, telling them it was getting late. After they left, we made our way back home. It was a little weird walking home together because of the kiss earlier. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N) Hi guys!! I am thinking of adding a new character to the story but I'm wondering if it should be a boy or a girl? Anyways thanks for reading! It means a lot to me. This chapter was just sort of a filler, but don't worry the next one is going to be FILLED with surprises. Thanks. :))