Chapter Sixty One

Any and all mistakes are my own! I'm posting this on my tablet so I couldn't get the chapter through Grammarly before posting it.

"Miss Potter, back so soon?" Mr Kettle smiled as the group came into the shop with Emperor in her shadow, unseen. "With friends. Let me guess, you escaped again?"

"Hogsmeade visit today," Rebekah greeted with a nod. "I need to get more lavender tea. Perhaps some mint, and chamomile too. I've had enough of smelling pumpkin juice all the time."

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

They stopped outside of a tall and narrow building, the sign said BAKERS' in bright gold letters against a black background. It was industrial looking with large brass windows that covered the front wall. Some type of planted vegetation lined the bottom of the windows.

The place was fairly quiet, a few people sat at tables and a couple more people stood in line. The scent of freshly done coffee swept through the warm air. The group looked hesitant to move but Rebekah already knew where she wanted to sit.

There was a second floor to this building, right above the area that made the coffee and baked goods. It had a large bronze staircase to one side. The chairs were rich mahogany along with the tables and little containers of sugar and salt. I decided to go upstairs, taking one of the booths overlooking the outside and the inside of the cafe.

"Sit, I'll grab a chair," Rebekah said and tucked another chair to the booth's side.

A young waiter came with three menus in hand. He passed them out silently, taking a small pen out to write the orders on his notepad.

"I'm Mike, and I'll be your waiter for today. What will it be?"

Rebekah went for the usual order she made every time she came here. "I'll have the golden roast coffee with full-fat milk and caramel syrup. Not too hot."

Daphne ordered a black roast with hazelnut syrup and no creamer, and Theodore ordered a flat white americano, piping hot. Everyone else had some sort of tea while Pansy went for an iced caramel coffee

Within a few minutes, Mike came back with another man. He held the tray of coffees in neat little bronze coffee-cups, and the other man had a tray of baked goods.

"Ahh, Finn!" Rebekah said, looking to the other man and smiled. "You're finally back, I've missed your cupcakes. Without you, they don't make them the same."

He chuckled lightly. "Of course they don't. I'm the magic behind them." He winked.

Her friends looked concerned.

"He's one of us," Rebekah reached for a cupcake. "These are literally Magic. Just as good as the ones we get at school."

As she bit into her cupcake, tiny sparks came off it. It added an extra layer of flavour as she ate it.

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

The task came way too soon for her liking.

"Potter, the champions have to come down onto the grounds now. . . . You have to get ready for your first task."

"Fuck's sake," Rebekah had dropped her spoon into the porridge she just started. "Coming!"