Chapter Seventeen

Blaise joined the group early afternoon on Friday, only after he arrived and tackled Draco to the floor while Mrs Zabini and Mrs Malfoy looked on in hidden amusement at their antics. Emperor had pounced on the two boys, squishing both of them while they tickled the feline to get off of them.

Rebekah was introduced to Mrs Zabini, a beautiful witch with the smoothest and richest skin she had ever seen. Rebekah realised where Blaise got his good looks, Mrs Zabini laughed and it reminded Rebekah of Aunt Petunia's high pitched fake laugh. Rebekah returned it with a forced beaming smile.

On Wednesday morning, Mr and Mrs Malfoy had the House-Elves wake all the children up. Emperor tried to attack the House-Elf but he missed as the creature popped away quickly. They all had breakfast at the table and it was a quiet affair, leaving for Diagon Alley just before ten o'clock.

They first went to Gringotts.

The Goblin from a year ago greeted the group of four children and two adults.

"Good morning, Malfoys, Mr Zabini, Miss Greengrass, Miss Potter," He said and nodded to each individual. "I suspect you want to go and visit your vaults, yes?"

"Yes," Mr Malfoy said. "Malfoy, Potter, Zabini, and Greengrass vaults. We will begin with whichever is closest and end with the furthest one."

"Keys?" Mrs Malfoy placed two keys on the high desk, Daphne's and Blaise's, while Mr Malfoy lifted his hand and motioned for Rebekah to do the same. "Yes. You received your ring last summer, Miss Potter. Have you had any problems with the sizing or such things?"

"Not at all, no," Rebekah replied, making Allor nod.

"Good," He gestured to a door near him. "Come, this won't take long. All of your vaults are in close proximities."

Rebekah still hated the way down. First was the Zabini Vault at seven hundred and ninety-eight, then Greengrass at eight hundred and forty-three, and then Rebekah's vault, and only a few vaults down was the Malfoy Vault.

Mrs Malfoy took Daphne and Blaise to get new school robes while Mr Malfoy took Draco and Rebekah to get rid of some artefacts.

Borgin and Burkes sat at 13B down Knockturn Alley, dealing in ancient and unusual Wizarding artefacts. It was a large shop with a damp wall of mould coloured green and creaking wood floors. In a single glass case, a withered hand sat with a glass eye and a bloody pair of playing cards. Human bones sat on the counter next to a bell while rusty assortments of spiked instruments hung by hooks from the ceiling.

Mr Malfoy opened the door and allowed Draco and Rebekah to go through. He walked across the empty shop without sparing a look at any of the things on display. He rang the bell once and gave both children a pointed look. "Touch nothing, children."

"I thought you were going to buy me a present," Draco said as Rebekah swatted his hand away from the glass eye.

"Yes, a racing broom," Mr Malfoy drummed his fingers against the counter.

"I'm not even on the House team," Draco whined.

"You can try out this year," Rebekah said, rolling her eyes. "I only got on the team because of this," She gestured to her covered shoulder, "And because Slytherin needed a Chaser. You might replace Higgs, he graduated last year."

"See? I do hope you do get onto the team, I'll be able to buy everyone new brooms then," Mr Malfoy said as he watched a man appear, pulling his greasy grey hair back. "Mr Borgin."

"Mr Malfoy, a pleasure to see you again," Mr Borgin said, smiling slightly yellowed teeth. "And young Master Malfoy."

Rebekah jabbed Draco in the side lightly, he did it back as they both smiled and silently laughed.