Chapter Fifty

Rebekah curled to her left side as pain filled her shoulder. She stayed silent as she allowed the pain to attack her scar before it dulled to a deep ache. Sagging into the mess that was Emperor's fur, Rebekah brought her hand up to his furry neck and gave him a good scratch to try and distract herself.

She wasn't a dreamer, she usually had 'a dream' that had young Tom Riddle there to converse with. Rebekah never had normal dreams. But this didn't seem like a dream, it was too clear and you don't get physical pain from dreams.

Could it be a vision of sorts?

Rebekah couldn't find another explanation for it.

Wormtail, Rebekah wished that she had allowed Sirius and Lupin to kill that disgusting rat of a man, she wished she had killed him. He was in the dream. So was Voldemort, the Wizard that killed her parents and now just wouldn't leave the poor girl alone. She had a year free of him last year but she doubted it would happen again.

She didn't know anymore. Rebekah sat up in the bed with a huff and flicked her hair out of her face. Her hair was longer than she would have lived, reaching down to her waist. The natural colour darkened to a burgundy colour as it tried to look like the same hair as her mother but her father's colour came in too, darkening the bright red and giving her brilliant green eyes.

When Rebekah looked into the mirror, she saw a young Witch of fifteen instead of fourteen. She was maturing quickly due to the constant use of the Time-Turner, but she was still legally fourteen. She still had a few years before she became an adult in appearance and skill.

"Should I tell Sirius?" She asked Emperor when he sat down beside her. His meow answered that. "Ugh, fine. I'll do it now."

She began writing after getting the needed items:

Dear Padfoot,

I swear the last bird was bigger than the previous one!

Everything's the same here, Dudley threw his PlayStation out, a game console, and now Aunt Petunia refuses to buy another one. Dudley and I still do boxing every day, I found a way for him to teach me and it keeps me active. I haven't been able to practise Quidditch all summer and boxing keeps me from being out of practice.

I woke up from a dream, kind of like a vision, and my scar hurts. The last time that happened was when Voldemort was at Hogwarts so I'm taking this dream thing as a warning. Every year something happens and I'm going to be cautious, Emperor told me to tell you anyway.

I don't usually dream like normal dreams, I rarely get them. I don't even get nightmares at all.

You better stay safe or I will find you,

Love,

Cub.

She signed off with a quick flourish of her wrist and she attached the note to Hedwig's leg. "That goes for you too, Hedwig. You better stay safe, peck Sirius for me if he isn't."

Breakfast went easily with Aunt Petunia forcing Dudley to eat healthier options. Rebekah had opted to make pancakes for breakfast with a side of honey oatmeal and Dudley had perked up. Aunt Petunia sighed as she cut off a piece of a big grapefruit for Dudley and an equal piece for Rebekah.

"Dudley, chew! For goodness sake," Aunt Petunia said as Dudley scarfed his breakfast down and Rebekah finished hers at the same time but with manners. "Both of you, chew your food or you'll choke!"

"Petunia, let the children eat what they want," Uncle Vernon said, his red face still in the newspaper.

"REBEKAH!" Uncle Vernon's voice echoed in the house and into the garden behind, Rebekah and Dudley stopped their defensive and offensive movements and Rebekah undid the boxing gloves as she walked to the living room.