Chapter Forty One

"I can't believe you can't go, Rebekah," Blaise said. "But blowing up your aunt is almost worth it. Almost."

"Yeah," She smiled sadly as they looked at the common room news board again. "It was worth it alright. I'm not allowed home this Yule or Easter. The look on my uncle's face was so good."

After several moments of rereading the rules, Theodore snapped his finger. "I can't see a way without smuggling you out but Snape would be looking for you."

"Yeah, why does he always look for you?"

"Potions," Rebekah muttered. "I'm the most accomplished Potioneer in our year and the ones above unless you count the Seventh years. I think Snape's hoping that I apprentice under him. I might, I don't know yet."

"Oh, that would be good," Pansy sorted, nudging Blaise in the ribs as she gestured to Rebekah. "You can hardly follow Hogwarts' uniform policy, I doubt you could follow an Apprentice's one. They're much more strict."

"Just because I prefer to wear tight black instead of loose grey, doesn't mean I can't follow the rules," Rebekah pursed her lips in a pout before laughing. "I just prefer to bend them when possible. And you can't say that shade of grey is attractive. Like come on, it's the ugliest grey I have ever seen."

The group laughed with her, turning slightly pink in the face. Rebekah suggested that they bring her back anything white or milk chocolate, maybe with nuts, and anything salted caramel or toffee.

Rebekah went to wander around the castle since she couldn't go to Hogsmeade, she had already spent five hours revising and so she had the rest of the day free. She became restless in the

"Whatcha doing, sir?" Rebekah asked Lupin when he popped his head out of his classroom.

"I've just taken delivery of a Grindylow for our next lesson," He said and smiled faintly. "Shouldn't you be at Hogsmeade?"

Rebekah snorted. "Didn't have time between blowing up my uncle's sister up, running and spending the rest of the summer at the Leaky Caldron to get the slip signed."

"Ah," He didn't look surprised but simply amused. "Why don't you come in?"

"Sure," Rebekah walked in and saw the Grindylow in the corner. It shoved its face into the glass and made a face, Rebekah pulled an equally amusing face and the creature swam back and buried itself in the corner.

"Cup of tea?" Lupin looked around the room for the kettle. "I was just thinking of making one."

"Hmm, yes, please," Rebekah said.

"Sit down," Lupin pulled the lid off of a small container after the kettle began to whistle. "I've only got teabags, I'm afraid. But I daresay you've had enough tea leaves?"

Rebekah smiled and laughed. "Did McGonagall tell you?"

"Yes," He smiled as he poured the tea and handed a steaming cup to her, then he took a seat across from her. "So when did you become an Animagus?"

"Early June, a couple of weeks before school finished," Rebekah took a sip from her cup and shrugged. "It was the strangest feeling ever, shifting that is."

"Did you do it alone?"

"No, I told McGonagall of the desire. It would help me connect with my father more," Rebekah trailed a nail softly against her lip in thought. "Madam Pomfrey knows as well as Dumbledore and speaks of the Devil and he comes, Snape. Hi, sir."

Snape came in with a sneer but it dropped to a neutral expression as he saw Rebekah sit and talk. She smiled sheepishly and, if she was in her Animagus form, her tail would be swishing suspiciously.