Chapter Fifteen

Rebekah didn't speak a word of anything Magical in front of Dudley. She didn't need to. She kept all of her Magical belongings in her room. Rebekah had to order a few more Magical Bookcases for her room with Aunt Petunia's permission. The bookcases would hide the massive amount of books Rebekah had and they would look like any normal books to Muggles.

Even if Rebekah's door was open, no one dared to venture into her room. It was only open for Emperor to travel throughout the house as he wished.

For her twelfth birthday, Rebekah got a dainty little bracelet with five small charms. Each charm represented her family, a rose gold petunia flower for her aunt, a bronze drill for her uncle, a red pair of boxing gloves for Dudley (he really began to like boxing in his school), a grey paw for Emperor, and a copper little broom. The last tiny charm was actually her broom compressed into a very small form, and her pouch was sized down to fit on the bracelet, making it much easier to have her stuff with her at all times.

Because Mr and Mrs Mason would be having dinner at the Dursleys' on her birthday, Rebekah had asked to go to Diagon Alley earlier that week. She spent most of the day cleaning the living room, only finishing after two or three hours of work. She then spent half an hour getting ready.

"There! You look very nice," Aunt Petunia said, zipping up the back of Rebekah's floral blue dress. "I think the Masons will fall in love with you."

"I hope so, I want Uncle Vernon to get the deal," Rebekah said, shifting a cloudy grey shawl over her shoulders and hiding the end of her scar. "He deserves it, Aunt Petunia. He works so hard at his company, he deserves a good thing in exchange for his hard work."

"That he does, Rebekah," Aunt Petunia then lifted a pair of long pearl earrings and a pair of pearl studs. "Which would go better with the dress?"

"Oh, the studs," Rebekah said, after looking at Aunt Petunia's pink cocktail dress."The long ones would be too much."

"Okay, thank you," She tucked the studs into her lobes and gave herself a quick once over. "Let's go and see how the boys look."

Uncle Vernon and Dudley both wore bow ties and dinner jackets, looking ever like the father and son duo. Dudley had been able to slick his hair back but a piece kept falling into his face, he scrunched his nose as Rebekah used a comb to pull it back completely. The two children sat on the couch as they waited for the Masons to arrive.

Mr Mason reminded Rebekah of Mr Malfoy, tall, proud and knew what he liked. Mrs Masons said she wore tailored dresses made just for her, smiling smugly at Aunt Petunia's question and how she said it was so lovely.

A small ruckus echoed from upstairs.

"What was that?" Mrs Mason jumped a little.

"Just my cat being his usual loud self," Rebekah said and excused herself, quickly going upstairs. She didn't know what made the noise but it wasn't Emperor, Rebekah knew what Emperor sounded like and that wasn't it.

Why was there a House-Elf on her bed?

She just had the sheets cleaned and now she would need to again, the House-Elf's clothes, if the potato sack they wore could be called that, were filthy. Rebekah stepped back when the creature bowed, its long and skinny nose touched the wooden floor. Emperor sat on the end of the bed, calm but completely on guard, watching the creature.

"Hi...." Rebekah was hesitant to say.

"Rebekah Potter!" It said in a pitchy voice, it was quickly shushed by Rebekah. "Such an honour, ma'am, it really is. Dobby has wanted to meet you for a long time, ma'am."