"ah, huajeong university?" mingi arrived at the room, looking around. "isn't that the school where he took highschool?"

sighing, i raised an eyebrow. "yeah~ it was written here. we know that park seonghwa was—"

"no not him. i meant hongjoong." mingi interrupted. "hongjoong studied at huajeong university in his highschool years."

whA—

"everything makes sense now." wooyoung hurriedly snatched the file away from my hand. "they're both from huajeong university— yunho, do you still have the other files focusing on kim hongjoong's past? i mean, background?"

"i do but they're at my office and they have very limited information. they're quite tough to get."

"get them. we need it." wooyoung hurriedly took a few more files resting on top of his bed before bolting out of the room.

confused, i followed him. "why? what makes sense? i don't get it—"

scattering the files on top of the kitchen counter, he spoke fast. "it was just a hunch and i'm not yet entirely sure but first, we need those files of yours."

————————————-
Y E O S A N G

as of this moment, i'm too shocked to speak over the phone. two medium sized boxes were delivered to my house and the packaging says it all and as to what its contents. i only had one guess as to who this came from but i still can't believe that this happened.

"hello? yeosang?" yunho snapped from the other line.

averting my gaze from the box, i responded. "o-oh. y-yes, what?"

"i was asking you a favor if you could go to the office and get some files from me. i'll text you which file it is and the pin to my safe." he said.

"but—"

"wooyoung is here, and we got something that may help in the investigation." he interrupted quickly and that was enough to persuade me to go.

wearing a new set of clothes, i rode a cab to the office and quickly made my way to yunho's office. some came by and asked how i was feeling and some asked as to why i'm here in the office since i'm supposed to be in a leave.

opening up the safe, i took the files that's in relation to hongjoong's background and closed them after. keeping them safe in my bag, i headed out of the office and saw my co workers talking to a young teenager.

"oh, you're his son?" my coworker asked. "you resemble him a lot."

the unfamiliar man in the building chuckled. "but when it comes to this-" he said, pointing his forehead "-i'm no match for him." he continued before taking a sip on his iced americano.

"by the way, what bring you here?" another coworker asked.

"ah, i just came to get my father's belongings." he briefly replied.

"ah~ it must be tiring, after a long flight from u.s." my coworker frowned. "okay sure, go ahead. we were informed that his son will arrive today."

"thank you." the stranger bowed before proceeding to the late head detective's office.

i followed and saw him exploring the workplace a little bit. knocking on the open door, i spoke. "excuse me."

he turned his head around and bowed. "oh. hello."

i bowed back and greeted. "hello. i'm kang yeosang, i work here as a detective. umm, i-is detective choi your father? i'm a close friend and a student of his." i stuttered since it's off to ask him such questions right off the bat.

nodding his head, he replied. "ah yes, i am. the name's choi jongho."

——————————————
S A N

after using the chip to track him, i immediately drove back to the city to find him. it may be impossible since he may have already moved to another area and it takes four hours to get there.

it was already afternoon when i arrived at the location. i looked around for him, searching every corner of the area but he's nowhere to be found. i only found a couple of seagulls and pigeons here, no sign of a living human.

a wide open warehouse caught my eyes since it's unusual to leave it out open like this. instincts kicked in so my hand grabbed my gun as i cautiously approached the area. it was silent but i kept on guard as i arrived at the entrance.

my eyes doubled in size at the stench of blood and at the sight of a decapitated body laying by the entrance. finally entering the warehouse, my jaw dropped at the horrendous sight. splattered and pools of blood everywhere, decapitated bodies laying on the ground, some are hanging on the fence at the second level. the heads are stacked and compiled in one place, and the head on the top of the pile stands out for a rod was used to skewer the head and it stood at the center of the pile.

i can't help it but sigh at the sight. "seriously, kim hongjoong."

————————————————————————————————————