twenty nine point five.

————————————————————————————

hongjoong. that's the name my parents gave me. i grew up in a supportive and loving home. my parents supported me on whatever i was interested in as a kid. be it arts, music, or sports. call me a lucky kid if you may but i was really thankful for them.

all was going well until uncle came and decided to live with us. my uncle was studying his masters and needed my father's help financially so he stayed with us since our house was close to the city. at first we both played like what a normal uncle and nephew do but he started to change. it turns out he's madly in love with my mother and he'd take out his sexual frustrations on me every night. he would always tell me: "your mom is so pretty. this is all her fault." he would always tell me to blame my mother every time he does something inappropriate to me. one time, he didn't go easy on me and i fell sick. i couldn't tell mom and dad about what's happening.

months passed since he came, dad was in debt so he asked for money from his friend. his friend was rich and good looking. i heard he owns a lot of businesses in the country and abroad, even dubai. but what dad borrowed was a huge sum of money and he wasn't able to pay it. so mom and dad went to that friend's place to talk about it but they died in a car crash on the way home. my relatives couldn't take me in for dad and his friend made a promise that he'd take care me in and work for him if the debt wasn't paid. so his friend took me under his wing and requested to call him father.

father had two personalities. sometimes he's nice, sometimes's he's cruel. i had to live through that while i stayed at his mansion. not only that but also choi san. there was a guy named choi san working for him too. he's cold as ice and doesn't talk to me much even during breaks. when i got took in, i was home schooled. i studied hard alongside san and that's when i was taught about the shady side of the kim group. the dark side of father's wealth. i was of course shocked learning all about this but i had to abide and continue studying. i was also trained to kill people even if i didn't want to. but in the end, i became skillful and knowledgeable. the hardwork paid off. it's been only months but i was a fast learner. because of that, i was sent to different missions and errands for the underworld for i was the favorite. speaking of favorite, i also became the favorite of father's guests. father knew of my history and he took advantage of it, making me an entertainment— a living sex toy. i had to use my charms to gain his guests' trust or to please them. most of my "customers" are male and that includes hyujin's father. as disgusting as it sounds, it did happen. the only way to erase the traces of the men who defiled and sullied me is to burn the group's logo/insignia on my back, as well as tattoo the scars. in that way i'd remember the pain of the flaming hot iron instead of a pair of hands.

years had passed and i grew up, i requested to go to a highschool and father agreed. yet i was not popular for i was the nerdy type of the school. there i met an annoying boy named seonghwa. he was cocky and he thinks he's smart. he was mad that i stole the top spot from him when all he do is flirt with girls. i had to tutor him since his grades were declining. we sort of became friends since then. suddenly, i was got sick at school and got sent to the infirmary. seonghwa was in charge and he saw the hickeys on my body which i prefer to call bruises. he looked worried but i couldn't even tell him what's happening. i just couldn't bring to tell him. after that i stopped going to school because of multiple missions. i had to dye my hair to blonde too. i went to different places alongside san who was backing me up. then i came back to school months after to say goodbye to seonghwa. i had to do my job as an heir and focus.

being an heir gave me a lot of advantages and that includes knowing getting hands on information you mustn't know. i put this advantage to use and i sent a lot of information to the president who i actually worked for. i worked as a double agent. san and i then planned a coup against father and we both agreed that i would become the next head of the kim group. the coup succeeded with the help of a few men who had the same agenda as ours— that includes junyoung. and that's how the kim hongjoong, leader of kim group was born.

the rest are as follows. i met a short tempered cop, wooyoung. a brilliant cop, mingi. amazing journalists, yeosang and yunho. and a smart fellow, jongho. i may have spent only a few days with them but they seem fun to be with and i'm happy that i met them. they brought color to my world, and my reunion with seonghwa just made it brighter.

as much as i hate goodbyes, one has to go and that has to be me. people come and people go as they say. i can't say i lived a good life but i had so much fun with people i treasured the most. again, this is my goodbye. adieu.

————————————————————————————