eleven.

—————————————————————————————————

W O O Y O U N G

| 03 : 45 AM |

"i'm home." i greeted lowly as i entered. taking my shoes off, i heard a door softly shut and some quiet footsteps.

the dark lit house suddenly became quiet and there were no footsteps to be heard. a middle-aged lady stopped by in front of me and smiled softly. "son, you're home." her eyes were open halfway and her hair is a mess.

"sorry for waking you up." i apologized, pulling her gently for a warm hug. "you should go back to sleep." i added softly.

pulling away from the hug, she spoke: "you should eat first. do you want something to eat?" she asked as she began making her way to the kitchen. she turned the kitchen lights on and headed straight to the fridge.

i gently grabbed her shoulders and said. "mom, i'm fine. you should get some rest. let's talk tomorrow okay?"

she sighed and nodded her head. "fine. help yourself out okay? you're may be already a grown man but i'm still your mother." she said before heading back to her room.

i quietly went to my bedroom and the sight made me heave out a sigh. the room's walls are packed with newspaper articles, files, images, and notes related to the kim group's case. everywhere i go, i can't escape from him. be it public or private places, everything has something to do with him. it feels like he have me wrapped around his thumb.

plopping myself on top of my bed, i gave my eyes a few seconds of rest. even for a short moment, i felt calm and relaxed. the silence and the cold bed sheets against my warm skin is enough to soothe me down.

slowly opening eyes, i sighed as i grabbed my phone from my pocket. the brightness of its screen made my eyes squint while i dial mingi's number.

it took lots of rings before he picked up the call. "hello?" he groaned in the other line, obviously just woke up because of the call.

"mingi-ah. sorry to bother you this late but is there any more room available in your apartment?" i asked gently, avoiding startling him.

"mmmm..." he groaned lowly. there are two rooms here but yunho's using the other one. why?"

"i'll sleep at your place tomorrow. share your room with yunho. i'll use his room." i bluntly stated.

"yeah yeah okay— whAT?!" he exclaimed on the other line, shocked. "why?!"

"what do you mean why ?" i asked, raising an eyebrow. "you don't want me at your place? ah, i see. you want yunho all by yourself huh. you want to do things with him that's why i can't sleep over, is that it?"

"no no no! i was just shocked!" he denied, raising his tone. "what i mean is why so sudden? did something bad happened at home?" he sincerely asked.

"no, i just thought we should start being serious in this case."

"but aren't we being serious?" he asked. "i mean, we are. but hongjoong and his team's just a hard one to catch." he added.