twenty three.

————————————————————————————
S E O N G H W A

| 05 : 57 AM |

the first day of my stay here at the mansion started off badly. really badly. aside from being dragged here and forced to stay, nothing could get far more worse than knowing your friend is dead early in the morning.

sprinting through the halls, i asked the personal assistant. "how long since you found his body." i asked, running as fast as i could.

"this way sir." the butler showed me the way as he turned left. "not too long ago sir. as the family's doctor we needed to inform you quickly."

while running, i tried to remain as calm as possible. though my temples and head is starting to hurt, i held back my tears as much as possible.

we arrived at the doorway of his room and the servants are gathered outside. inside of the room, there's san trying to figure out what to do. on the floor, i saw hongjoong laying alongside bottles of pills and an injection on his hand. his face looks really pale as well as his exposed torso.

is he... really... dead? i thought, still in disbelief that my friend is in front of me, lifeless.

noticing me standing by the doorway, san called out, "seonghwa hyung!"

rushing to him, i immediately checked on hongjoong by checking his pulse. feeling a faint pulse gave me a huge sense of relief. "slow and erratic pulse... he's alive." i sighed as a tear fell from my eye.

i'm relieved. i thought as i slowly tilted his head back and lifted his chin, allowing the airway to remain open.

"wh-why are you crying?" san asked, confused.

"i'm not crying. they told me he was dead of course i'd tear up!" i furrowed my eyebrows. "call the ambulance, quick. we need to send him to the hospital." i said while i monitor his breathing.

"we... we can't do that." san reluctantly said. "he's been acting strange after we went to the hospital last night. i can't afford to see him suffering once more."

"why not?" i raised an eyebrow. "and what do you mean by strange, what happened last night?"

"it actually also happens whenever he gets nightmares. he'd cry, not let anyone touch him, vomit, something like a panic attack." san replied before telling the servants that hongjoong is alive and they need to go back to work. "i'm just afraid that if we send him to the hospital, it'll just trigger something."

looking around me, i sighed. "by the looks of it, this looks intentional." picking up the syringe on his hand, i asked. "is this illegal? drugs i mean."

"yes." san immediately answered, opening the windows to let the fresh air in. "he could've tried to relieve himself by taking drugs but he overdid it. or maybe he purposely took too many."

hongjoong... i thought, still monitoring his shallow breathing.

"what do we do?"

we decided to discuss it outside to let hongjoong rest on his room. we assigned a servant to monitor him while we talk. along with junyoung, san and i thought on things we need to do.