twenty five.

————————————————————————————
S E O N G H W A

the night that the entire villa has been preparing for has arrived. the banquet. guests are starting to arrive and escorted at the entrance hall, as it slowly gets busier downstairs. the loud chatter and the orchestra music coming from downstairs are audible in my room.

maids and male servants assisted me in getting ready for the party. the maids helped preparing my clothes while the male servants groomed my hair. also, they taught me how to put on light make up.

everyone, even the servants are neatly dressed. they wear different uniforms from usual and they look more elegant, fitted for the occasion.

while i was busy scanning my face through a hand mirror, a maid said. "mister park, we're finished."

putting down the mirror, i replied. "ah yes. sure." i said before standing up from my seat and made my way to the door. a male servant opened the door for me as we left the room.

on my way downstairs, i tried to get used to the suit hongjoong custom ordered for me. i got my size measured by a tailor days ago, and the same goes with hongjoong and san. they just wanted new suits.

arriving at the hall, a lot of people came. i see familiar faces like a few celebrities, politicians, journalists and a few cops. and speaking of cops, i came across familiar faces. they were holding a glass of wine and they looked uneasy.

i was thinking as hard as i could, trying to remember when did i saw this particular guy; to the point i even forgot that i am staring at him for quite a long time now.

"oh? aren't you park seonghwa?" the cop that i've been staring on for a few minutes noticed.

shocked, i pointed at myself. "m-me? yeah i am..."

"wait aren't you hongjoong's..." a taller man said. "what are you doing here?"

"you know hongjoong?" i asked the tall man. "and aren't you the cop from when san... got shot by the hand?" i asked the shorter one.

"yeah it was me." the shorter one confirmed. "oh how rude i was, i am wooyoung by the way. this is mingi." he pointed at the taller guy. "and they are yunho, yeosang and jongho. they're journalists."

"we pretty much know hongjoong a little too much that's why we're here." another tall guy named yunho awkwardly laughed as he scratched his head.

"hongjoong and i are kind of... acquaintances." wooyoung awkwardly said. "what are you doing here by the way?"

"ah i work here as a family doctor." i replied, pursing my lips. "yeah... family doctor." i added as i saw their shocked reactions, they looked so shocked to the point three of them had their jaw hanging in the air.

jongho suddenly stepped forward and put a hand on my shoulder. "you should run away as soon as you can. quit." he stated seriously, giving me a warning. "what was your name again?"

"i'm park seonghwa," i laughed awkwardly. "and it's alright, i already know what you mean. i know what kind of person hongjoong is. he's still my friend and if he needs it, i'm always here to help."

"do you know that he..." yunho asked as he made gun gestures.

"that he..." yeosang joined as he made a slitting throat gesture.