maniac laughter overpowered my suppressed whimpers. tears formed at the corner of my eyes as my laughs became louder. "PFFWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HA— HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" the laughter went on and it resonated throughout the bay area, scaring off the pigeons nearby.

the pain subsided along with my laughter. i felt numb once more but surprisingly, i found the warmth of the concrete ground comforting. realizing what just happened, i jolted up and hurried to clean the dust off my clothes.

"shit. it was the chip implant. he used it." i mumbled, hurrying. "hey pigeon—" and i was too late to realize that i scared the pigeon off. i loved the bird's company though, i wanted to say goodbye.

i headed in to my car and cleaned myself up at first. i took my top off and wore a new clean shirt. with a damp wipes, i wiped off the blood that dried on a few strands of my hair and on my neck. i was a bloody mess. finished, i took one last glance at the quiet warehouse behind me before driving back home.

—————————————
Y U N H O

| apartment |

we were expecting wooyoung's visit today and he arrived with lots of stuff. and by 'lots of stuff' i do mean a lot.

we helped him organize and carry his belongings to the extra room where he'll be staying. carrying a heavy box, i asked. "isn't this a lot? are you planning to live here forever?" i joked before putting down the box.

"only until we put hongjoong behind bars." he replied as he moved the box i just carried. "thank you for helping." he added.

"you're welcome." i replied as we continued moving boxes and organizing. there are a lot of folders and files he brought with him and this alone shows his dedication to his work. he's really taking it seriously since it's a top special case that is assigned to them.

helping him, i asked for his permission to look through some of the files and he calmly obliged. i went through his old ones first and realized they have the same files as mingi so i skipped to the recent ones. i saw an identity file among the new looking pile, and surprised to see a doctor's file.

"who's this?" i asked, checking his file. "park seonghwa?" i read the name.

"oh that?" wooyoung raised an eyebrow, still organizing his wall filled with files and articles. "he's the doctor that aided san when he got injured."

"oh that incident that got you suspended?" i teased and he rolled his eyes as an answer. "why bother investigating him?"

"whoever makes contact with san, hongjoong, or an any member of the kim group in general needs to be investigated. i don't care whoever it is even if it's an old woman. they could be an accomplice to their drug operations." he briefly explained.

"oh, right." i continued reading the file. about his age, date of birth, personality type, etc. but then i paused at one section.

"HJU? Huajeong University?" my eyes narrowed at the written information. "he was at HJU in highschool?"

wooyoung approached and read the file. "well according to what's written there, he did. why?"

"i don't know, i just feel like i've read this before." i began thinking hard as to where have i read it. "HJU... huajeong university..."