2.4.1

Apparently, a lot happened while I was at the Jungle club last night with Danny. Stiles was attacked by a lizard creature, the same one that went after Scott and Allison, and Gerard interrogated Allison. If I had been there, I would have given that old man a few words. Deaton also talked with Scott about the supernatural world, which he's known about the whole time.

We were trying to figure out what exactly this lizard thing was before it killed more people. Which meant finding the book my family keeps which is full of supernatural creatures, called the bestiary. We're hoping one of the things in there is whatever we're dealing with.

Stiles and I stand in front of my sister who was sat at a picnic table outside, doing homework. After we explain to her what we're looking for, she gives us a confused look before it shifts into an amused smile. "I think you mean..." "No, I mean bestiary. And the two of you, I don't want to know what's going on in your heads." Stiles shakes his head in disgust.

"Is it because Scott's a werewolf?" I quirk an eyebrow before getting into deep thought. "What if I get into bed with someone? Does that mean-" "Alex, please. Now is not the time" Stiles sighs as Allison snickers. "Okay. Can you describe this thing?" Allison wonders.

"Uh, it's probably, like, a book. Old, worn..." Stiles lists off. "Like, bound in leather?" "That means you've seen it?" I ask hopefully. After Allison explains the book she saw we catch up to Scott who was walking down the hall. Stiles pats him on the shoulder as we walk on either side of him. "Yes. Seen her grandfather with a book like that."

Scott asks us another question and we rush back out to Allison. "Do you know where he keeps it?" I breathe out. Stiles was really struggling to talk from how out of breath he was and I'm not gonna lie, all this running around was making me out of the breath as well. We make it back to Scott, Stiles barely able to talk as he leans his body against the locker while I lean my hand against it, both of us out of breath.

"She says...it has to be...office" Stiles struggles to catch his breath as Scott thinks it over. We run back to Allison, Stiles having borrowed Scott's inhaler as I lean against the table. "Drug dealers have been using disposable phones for years pretty successfully. Maybe you and Scott can try that so we don't have to go through this torture" I sigh.

"Our parents check every call, email and text message I send. Trust me, they'd find it. I bet they even check all your messages too" I quickly dig out my phone in worry. I hope they don't. After Stiles has taken a breath of the inhaler, he sighs. "All right. Can you get the book?" Stiles asks. "Not without his keys" Allison denies.

~~~

"Come on! Is that thing even a teenager? I wanna see a birth certificate!" Coach yells angrily as another one of our players gets knocked to the ground. Jackson rushes towards Scott and I. "What the hell are two waiting for? This is the semi-finals. Bring that roid-head into the ground." Jackson growls.

"Us? You're the one who said that I was a cheater." "And last time I checked, co-captain or not, I don't take orders from you" I scoff. "You think that freak of nature being on the field is fair? One of you do something." Jackson urges. "We can't. Not while Alex and Allison's grandfather is here." We all look to Gerard who was watching some of the other players.

"The guy's crazy. Trust me" I sigh. As we continue to play, another player gets knocked down and then another. Actually, the guy was starting to piss me off. One of the players gets taken off the field on a stretcher and Scott and I share a look. "Maybe just a tiny bit?" I suggest to Scott but he shakes his head.

"No way. Do you really want him to know about you?" Scott asks, glancing at Gerard. "He might already know anyways. I wasn't exactly quiet when my parents and I fought not to mention he's probably figured it out." I point out. "Not yet" He denies and I sigh. We go again and I go to dodge a player, only for this abomination guy to slam into me, sending me to the ground.