8. "Vampire attack"

Start from the beginning

"What do you want to know?" I already knew the answer. Everything.

"Everything." she said, as she took one of my fries.

"Okay..." I didn't even know where to begin.

I decided in that moment that I wasn't going to lie to her, because there was no point. I'd just tell her everything the way I'd happened, and maybe by getting it off my chest I would feel better. And so, I did. I told her everything, from the attack I suffered that night Dennis saved my life, to my date with Harry that had resulted -again- in me almost dying. She looked at me with her eyes and mouth open wide as she tried to take everything in. After I was done, I ate a fry and waited for her to snap out of it.

"Oh my god." she said when she finally did, about twenty seconds later. "You really had a lot to tell me, didn't you?" I shrugged. I felt a bit guilty for not telling her up until that night.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't tell you before, I was a bit distracted." I excused myself, she made a gesture with her right hand indicating she had forgiven me.

"I wish I had some interesting things to tell you." I laughed, and then ate another fry. She took one as well.

"Don't worry, I have enough for both of us." we laughed. I felt surprisingly good, given everything.

"I wish a vampire would save my life." she sighed. "But there are a limited number of vampires here in Santa Mon, and apparently all of them want you." she said, with a hit of jealousy in her voice.

"I've only really met one."

"Yeah, but two other vampires attacked you. What's up with that?"

"I honestly don't know." I answered honestly.

"Weren't vampires not allowed to feed on humans?" I sighed.

"Try telling them that." we laughed once again.

"And you didn't report them?" she asked.

"No, I didn't." for a second I wondered why I hadn't reported them, and the answer was Dennis. "Dennis always came in to save me, and after that I didn't feel like talking about it anymore. So, I didn't report them." I thought maybe that had been irresponsible of me, but I ignored the feeling. I was getting really good at ignoring feelings.

Merissa and I talked until sundown and then I decided to head home. The bar was a toxic environment for me now, they all thought of me as a sick girl that fucked vampires. I didn't even want to know what my mom would think if she heard. I got home and as soon as I stepped into the porch I felt something wasn't right.

I was tired of that feeling, but there it was. Something about my house was off. I walked in hoping it was just my imagination -it never was-, but I soon realised it wasn't.

Inside of my house, the image I met was confusing. My sister Sophie was laying on the couch with her head resting on Dennis's lap, she was covered in blood and she looked paler that usual. I screamed, but my mother stopped me.

"It's okay." she said, as she held my hand.

No, it wasn't okay. It really didn't look okay. It looked like my sister was dead and Dennis had killed her, and my mother was now under his compulsion. I stopped screaming and took a deep breath, trying to understand what was happening.

"Stella, I can explain." Dennis stood up and gently let he head rest on one of the couch's cushions. He started walking towards me but then he stood when he saw the look on my face. I looked terrified.

"Then do." I said, looking at Dennis. I noticed that Carl was standing next to me too. Was the fuck had happened? Dennis nodded and then proceeded to explain himself.