Promises

When I woke up, my arm was on fire, and It wasn't because of the cuts.

"Jake?" I whispered my voice hoarse, and it was painful to talk.

Jake Lifted his head off my arm.

"You're awake Beautiful." he smiled.

Or was I still dreaming, because Jake was here, yet he looked so sad.

"What's wrong Jakey. Something got your tail in a twist?" I smiled, my voice still croaking.

Jake shook his head smiling at me, "Thats such a Bella thing, to worry about me when your hurt."

Jake laughed.

I sighed "No, it's a Swan thing." Jake finaly said, thoughtfuly.

I smiled, that was better.

Jake rested his head back on my arm, sighing as his eyes closed, he Looked so tired so drained of life.

"Want to swap places so you can sleep Jake?"

Jake chuckled, but shook his head. "No, I'm fine, I was just up all night trying to find, who ever hurt my Lily."

My LILY! he had called me my lily.

I sighed and rested my head back on the Pillow, smiling.

"You scared Lily?"

I shook my head. "Nah, course not, I mean Werewolfs and Vampires tryna kill me, that doesn't phase me."

Jake laughed, at my sarcasim.

"Werewolfs won't hurt you, it's the blood suckers you have to worry about."

"Thanks Jake, makes me feel loads better." I rolled my eyes.

Jake was suddenly leaning over me, His brown eyes looking straight into my eyes.

"Lily, I will always, be there, to protect you, I promise, I won't let anything or anyone ever hurt you."

His voice, was so beautiful and fierce.

"Don't make promises you can't keep Jake."

How could he stop everything from hurting me, when he was hurting me, every time he mentioned my sisters name, everytime I saw the way he looked at her.

"I'll keep it Lily."

He kissed my forehead squeezing my un damaged hand.

"I'll keep it."