The endiing

The days went by slowly, everyone of those days, Jacob called at least twice and at least five messages.

Maybe he was sorry, but I wasn’t going to roll on the floor for him, crawl back. I wasn’t like Bella. I was my own woman. I didn’t need Jake, because I didn’t need to hurt.

Rower was teaching me how to play touch. I’d never played before, it seemed simple though catch the ball, run with it, score a try by touching it on the ground. It was sort of like grid iron only it was no contact and you didn’t come off the pitch feeling like you had broken a million bones, or been in a small car crash.

Lewus, Winter and I on one team, Rower, Blake and Becca on the other. We were trashing them, only because my whole team was naturally sporty, and Rower and Blake, played grid iron for school, but Becca played touch like Hue Heffner trying to stick to one girl.

“I’m open Winter, Open!” I yelled waving my hands for the ball, I could have scored the try, my space was clear, and I could run fast enough to make it over the line. But Winter wanted the Glory, Lewus was yelling too. “Open! Open”

Winter ignored both of us, and sprinted for the try. She missed, Blake wrapped his arms around her just before she scored. They laughed and rolled on the ground. I threw my hands up “I WAS OPEN!!!”

Rower laughed and wrapped his arms around me. “You, Missy are far too completive.”

“I do try.” I grinned back.

We played till it got dark, and when it was too dark to play, we crowded on the beach around a huge bon fire the guys had prepared earlier, before our game of touch.

Rower was the sober driver, so he promised not to drink.

The glowing red fire was so warm, and the beach was just so peaceful, as the flames bounced red light off everyone’s faces, I think that was the first time, since before I saw Jake Kiss Bella that I have truly been happy.

I rested my head on Rowers lap and chucked the rugby ball in the air, up and down. It felt good, to be happy. Then something reminded me, I was warm, lying beside the fire. Sort of like how I would be If I was cuddled up to Jake right now.

Sure Rower was sweet, but he was my best friend, and I think maybe, that was all he could be..

We were in the car driving home, Rower driving, with me shot gunned in the front seat, Blake, Becca and Lewus in the back,

We were driving fast, too fast you could hardly see the road.

Everyones laughter was so loud it was bouncing off the walls, life was at its peak this was the sort of thing you saw on the movies. I wound down my window and leaned out “WOOHOOOOO I’M FUCKING ALIVE!!” I screamed, everyone laughed. Rower grabbed my hand, and thats when I realised.

“You have been drinking!” I gasped, but Rower just laughed.

“YOU PROMISED.” I shouted at him, but he didn’t listen he just upped the music, this was the first time he had ignored me.

And that was when I saw her, the girl standing beside her truck, in the middle of the road.

We were going so fast, we were going to hit her.

“STOP! STOP!” I screamed at Rower, we were closing in, everyone was screaming.

Rower was trying to slow down. But we were going too fast and the alcohol had made him clumsy.

The girl recognised us now, her long brown hair flying behind her in the wind, she looked shocked scared,

It was “BELLA!!” I screamed a scream that didn’t end.