⚾️ scout and the reader ⚾️

I love my Boston boy

Is spooky season so why not write about it >:)

Also for this one just imagine the accent bc idk how to write them :/

//

I sat there on the old couch, finally feeling somewhat at ease. Jeramy had taken me to his parents house since the base's television broke due to Soldier shooting it when his preferred football team lost a match...

I had met Jeramy's mum before but never his brothers. I was shy and stiff even when scout's arm was draped across my shoulder.
They were all taller than him, and it just made me feel smaller...

But as they were taking, Jeramy's mum talked fo me for a brief moment. She talked about how things are with Jeramy; how chatty and hyper he is. But to be honest I didn't mind it, I quite enjoyed the company.
We spoke about other things for a while but then her and Jeramy's brothers were going to a party whilst we stayed here.

They were out having fun whilst me and the youngest watched movies together. Funnily enough Scout's pretty terrified of horror films, although he'd never admit it... Jeramy always held a pillow when something suspenseful happened in the vaguely spooky films we had watched and although they didn't scare me I still had fun watching them.

But I actually want to watch something terrifying, even if i have nightmares later...

Why dont I up the ante >:)

The movies credits just started rolling and I picked up another film, "Why don't we watch this one?" I had a sly smirk on my face as picked up a film I had hoped to watch.

Jeramy's face went white. Even in the dim light I could see his eyes widen.

"Um- I mean-- sure but-" he was a shuddering mess as I walked over to the DVD player, taking out the first one and playing in the    ✨  spicier  ✨ one.

I turned around seeing Jeramy's face, he looked mortified, " I'm gonna have nightmares for the whole night..." I held his head with his hands either side of his face, worried eyes and frightened yet doubtful expression. I burst into laughter for a brief moment, looking at the dreadful emotion splayed on his face.

I sat down right next to him, the movie had just begin and he was already hugging a pillow, a worried expression only shown by his eyes that were reluctantly fixed onto the screen. I, however, was sitting relaxed with my arm draped over Jeremy's shoulder as he started to trun into a ball.

Halfway through the movie scout had basically crushed the pillow as he was so scared and "twiched" when a jump scare happened.

The film was gruesome and scary and totally what I wanted to watch.

When the film was finished I giggled at how good it was. But scout wasn't having it, he was a shaking mess and I felt bad when I sniggered.

"Eyy! It's not funny... how could you not get spooked by that..?"

"I dont know, that stuff just doesn't scare me..." I stated calmly, "and I'm sorry if I scared you for life." I said jokingly.

"I think you freaking have... its was so scary." He said on a small voice.

I looked at him for a moment, then smiled, "you wanna be the little spoon, I'm feelin kinda tired if you wanna go to bed." I saw his eyes glisten for a moment.

"Eh, sure why not. I dont mind." And he just shrugged off his terrified facade, seeming like it wasn't anything much, but I knew he secretly loved being hugged.

So we got up and settled in scouts old room. His room was familiar to me: baseball posters, broken bats and worn baseballs, a pile of clothes in the corner of his room and a small hole in one wall and on his bed was a Tom Jones blanket.

He jumped in the bed with a huge smile on his face, then I climbed in behind him, wrapping my arms around him.

"You good?" I asked.

"Hehe, yup." I smiled, feeling content, Jeramy felt warm and comfortable as I snuggled into his back as he held my hands from behind.

I fell asleep and hoped Jeramy didn't actually have any nightmares...

//