Charles? x Reader

(This one is LoOoOng)

       You woke up to your ring tone going off on your desk. You groan and reach over to grab it and answer the call while cringing at the sudden brightness of your phone screen.
      "Hello?"
   "Hey Y/n, you up?"
      You rub your eyes and sit up,"Bruh I was asleep a minute ago Henry."
     "Heh, sorry bout that but listen. We got assigned to a mission at the last minute and need to get it done fast."
     You look at the clock, 1:00 am,
"I don't want to goooooooo."
       "Come on, we have to do this you know."
     "..........."
    "I'll buy you something?"
      ".................."
    "Um, I'll tell Charles that you like him."
   "Fine! But I'm going to kill Gale for waking us up this early."
    Henry laughs," Thats exactly what Ellie said."
      "Just don't tell him that."
    "Suuuuuurre."
      He told you that they will come by to pick you up in an hour then hung up.
     Dragging yourself out of bed, you turn on the lights and get ready. After getting dressed and grabbing your gear, you head over to the kitchen to make some food.
        About one hour later, you hear the helicopter land outside. You run out and climbed in.
     "Alright, whats the mission?"
    Charles adjusts his headset and takes off, "According to the general, Chaos containment detected some suspicous activity on the Toppat airship," he explains while setting a course," luckily it wasn't big enough for them to do anything so they wanted the government to deal with it."
     "Damn right, I remember the time that they nearly nuked the planet when Charles attempted to cook." Said Ellie.
     "Hey, it wasn't THAT bad."
  You hold back a laugh.
   Sure Charles, exploading pancakes, teleporting hashbrowns, a burnt kitchen, and mutating eggs weren't THAT bad.
       "Any idea of what do we need to take out?" You asked while checking your weapons.
      Charles shrugged and said," To be honest, they only mentioned a time anomaly or something like that."
   "Time travel?"
  "Probably."
      Ellie twirls her pistols,"Well whatever or whoever it is, we will totally kick thier ass!"

-
          A few hours pass until the Toppat airship comes into view.
     Charles flew by and dropped you, Ellie, and Henry off on the top of the ship.
    Henry clears the hatch of any guards and the group gets in. There was no one in the meeting room this time so that made things a bit easier.
    "Alright, if I were an illegal time boi, where would I hide.." Ellie thought outloud while looking through the map of the ship.
     Henry stared at it before pointing to the treasure room. You give him a look.
    "It would be here."
       "Henry, we are not steal-"
     "I'm serious, all sorts of stuff get stored there. "
          "Hmmmmmmm."
       "I promise , I won't touch that emerald..."
         Now that you thought about it, there was some time related things in there.
     "Alright, but what if its a person?"
   The three of you stared at the map in thought. Then you remember that the Toppats kept a log of every member in a list somewhere in that document room.
        You told them about it and Henry came up with a plan.
    Ellie and you would check the document room while Henry checked the treasure room with the help of Charles.
     Ellie warned him not to go klepto mode on everyone before leaving with you.
         Henry took the vents to the treasure room and got in. He took one long look at the emerald. All of that money tho....
     He shook his head and checked his earpiece.
   "Charles? You here?"
       "Yup, hows it goin Henry?"
    "So far so good, could you help me scan this room to check for anything sus looking?"
      "Sure , one sec."
    While Charles scanned the room using some tech on his helicopter, Henry looked around. Everything seemed in place, from the painting of scout to the golden gyroid and animal crossing references.
       It had been a while and Charles didn't respond yet.
    "Yo, you still there?"
   It was silent.
         Henry was about to get worried from the long silence before he heard Charles speak up.
   "Oh, yeah, don't worry I'm still here! Coms go offline when I do this... Just finished scanning the room, everything seems fine bro."
     "Alright, I think I'll meet up with the others."
    "Ok."

-
       You and Ellie were looking through document after document.
    "Jesus christ, do they HAVE to list every Tf2 game session?"
     "Well, there was one for Civilization V..."
         Ellie sighed and tossed another paper," I bet I could beat them at COD easily."
      You smiled and went through another stack. Then you found the folder for crewmembers.
      "Found it."
    "FINALLY!"
         "Ellie!"
      She cautiously looks at the doors,"finally!" Ellie whisper yelled.
     You both start reading through the folder. Most where normal and out of date. Nothing wierd. Except for three with nothing but an outline of the person and initials.
     The page seemed fairly new.
     "C.C, E.R, and H.S?" Ellies examined the papers," they all look like Toppat elites or something but we never heard of them..."
   "Huh, now thats sus."
         Ellie nodded but before any of you could investigate further, the alarms started to go off.

-