Dave x reader

You were a prisoner on some airship. Why? Well, you don't really know why, you were a night gaurd at a museam and boom! You woke up in this cell. The last thing you ever remembered was a huge robot destroying the place.
     You groaned and rubbed your eyes before looking around. There wasn't much of anything to use to break out and it appears that the doors required key cards. As you scan the room, you spotted a familiar face across from you.
    "Dave!"
  The ex night guard jolts his head up and looks around before finally seeing you.
   "Hey! Y/n! Got caught by the Toppats too?"
   "Thats the reason that we're stuck here isn't it."
   He agrees and stood up to get a better look at the area as well. Ever since he gave that package to a certain prisoner, his life has been pretty chaotic. You remember that he told you this right as you both started the night shift.
    It was quiet for a while until someone walked into the room.
  You notice Dave look at something and followed his gaze to see that this person had the key to the cell doors.
  "Hey, you think you could...let me outta here?" Dave asks to which the person nods and opens the door.
    "Ah, thank you!" He then gets the key and was about to leave when you knocked on your door.
    "Dave you're forgetting something."
  "What? Oh!"
    He rushed over and opens your cell door.
    "Sorry about that Y/n, I tend to be a bit forgetful." He sheepishly laughed as you stepped out.
    "Its ok Dave, come on lets get out of here."
     He nodded and took off. You followed as fast as you could.
     You both make it to the bridge only to hear a group of people about to turn the corner just ahead. Dave froze but you grabbed his arm and hide in a vent.
      Once they pass, you got out to head towards the escape pods. But ad you look back, you notice that Dave had disappeared. Gosh darn it.
      Suddenly, the alarms started to go off and you feel the airship sharply drop. You quickly looked for Dave, sure he is a clumsy, forgetful, idiot but, he was YOUR clumsy, forgetful, idiot.
    You enter a different room and heard what sounded like a vent breaking open. You didn't have time to look up because you were already crushed by whatever it was.
    "OOF."
   "Huh? Oh hey Y/n!"
  Ah you found him.
     He gets off of you and removes the piece of vent as well. Then he helps you up.
   "I thought you were right behind me but when I looked back, you weren't there so I figured that you left without me."
   "For a clumsy boi, you are quiet. And besides I would never leave a fellow comrade behind now lets go!"
    You grab his hand and start leading him to the hanger bay.
    "Y/n, weren't going to use an escape pod?" He asked as you two walk in.
    You look at a helicopter and run over.
  "I have a better plan."
  After jumping on, you help Dave up and sit down in the pilot seat. You stare at the controls. Then you realized, you didn't know how to fly this thing.
   "Uh, Dave?"
   "Yeah?"
     You press your index fingers together,"Do you know how to fly a helicopter?"
    He thinks for a moment before nodding and switching seats with you.
   "I went to pilot school just in case I needed to use one as a policeman or something." He explains as he powers it up and lifts off. The hanger doors where blown off for some reason so there was no need to press the button to open them.
    "Now lets see how much I remember!Heh..."
    You took a bit to register this before sitting up,"Wait. What do you mea-"
    The helicopter then raced out at full speed and after trying to gain control and stable flight, you two were heading back to the city.
    Your knuckles were white from gripping the edges of your seat the entire time.
    "Phew, that was close. Sorry about that are you ok?" He asks while carefully putting it into auto pilot.
    You slowly nod and stretched your aching hands.
    He laughed,"I gave you quite the scare huh?"
     "You did."
   "Well..." he smirked," I may have, did that on purpose."
      "What!Why?"
    "Just needed a good celebration annd I happened to be pretty good at my training lessons, I was just a bit lazy to ever fully commit."
      You shake your head and look away with a smile. This guy is full of surprises sometimes. You look over the clouds below and noticed that the sun had begun to set over the calm desert land beneath casting shades of pink,orange, and purple. You look further to see the city just ahead.
     "I really owe ya one for helping me escape don't I?"
     You look back at Dave.
    "No, not really. Why did you ask?"
   He leans back and puts his arms behind his head.
       "Well, most people would have left me behind when I disappear like that and you have been pretty cool to hang out with."
        "Aw, thanks bro."
   "So, dinner's on me. How about it?"
   Wait, this guy is seriously asking you out isn't he?
       "That sounds epic, what time?"
    He grins and takes the helicopter out of auto pilot.
      "The second we land......."

    You give him a look.
      "You forgot how to land this didn't you?"
     He nods.