"So I'm just sitting there and I get a call from your dad. At first I'm like...that's surprising. We aren't really phone call buddies."

"Trust me. He isn't a phone call buddy with anyone." Karim laughed.

His dad never really liked to call people over the phone. Maybe because he never had the time or he just didn't want to?

"I know! So I answer and I go "Heyy" and he goes like "Hi Anita, sorry to bother you but my son is downstairs waiting for you" At this point I'm already up from my seat, heading down. "He's saying someone isn't allowing him to see you." And yes I do agree that I told Anne to cancel any meetings today but I didn't tell her to insult people. I already needed a reason to let her go and you gave me one." Anita laughed heartily.

"You're welcome then."

"Enough story time. You came here to speak with me. May I know why?" Anita crossed her arms.

"Simple. I want a job." Karim said like he was talking about the weather.

Anita laughed.

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. You have everything at your disposal and yet you still want a job?"

"It's not about the money. I need something in my life. I can't just be playing games all day?"

"You're married." Anita stated obviously.

"Well...I don't want her or me to feel suffocated by each other. You're married you should understand." Karim explained.

Anita stared at him carefully.

"I see. Well then, your father was an engineer in the field and he applied for offshore. You are not an engineer. I'll have to consult my partner first." Karim chuckled. "And I need your qualification slip and all but clearly you've got a job here. The question is what?" Anita placed a hand on her chin.

"That's great then. Okay one last thing. I need to bring Samia to work with me. So I was wondering if there were any way that could made possible." Karim arched his brows.

"Son, it's your company too. You can build a playground right next to your office if you want. You've got all the resources at your feet."

Anita smiled encouragingly.

~

"You're back." There was a wide smile on Zaira's face and Karim smiled a little in return.

"Yes."

"You got the job?"

You may or may not believe it but Karim had told her he went to CaPeCo for a job and weirdly enough she wished him good luck.

"What about Samia?" Karim had left the carrier in the car and was holding unto her right now as she busily messed with his hair. She took that as her most important job anytime he carried her.

"Well, they said it could be arranged or I could arrange it because it's basically my company too." Karim shrugged as he walked past her to the kitchen.

"Sweetheart you're messing my hair." Karim groaned and pulled his head from her hold.

Like the spoilt princess she was, she frowned and hit his face.
Karim smiled at her.