Chapter 36: Ocean Eyes

"That's not what I meant, babygirl

"That's not what I meant, babygirl."

Aisha gulped a little.

"Look at you, getting all nervous," Chan laughed, "So adorable!"

"Stop," she failed to meet his gaze as she kept looking around. And a few steps behind Chan, Hyunjin showed a thumbs-up.

Aisha raised a brow at him, and he showed a toothy smile. Chan noticed that and turned around, sighing when he found the rest of the boys not-so far away, all hyped up.

"Let's go somewhere else?" he muttered.

"Where?"

"I don't know, but it's getting boring in here, don't you think so?" he asked.

"I guess?"

"Then let's go somewhere else," Chan beamed.

"Okay!"

But the bigger question remained: how were they going to get out of the banquet without the paparazzi following them?

Then an idea struck Aisha, "We can move through the back door of the kitchen, if there is any."

"You're a genius," he spoke with wide eyes.

"That, I am," she flipped her hair, making both of them laugh.

Minutes later, and they were treading their way through the kitchen, being sure to keep a low profile to avoid questions. They opened the back door and exited the banquet, instantly checking to see if there were any reporters around. Thankfully, they were alone in the dark of the night.

They cautiously walked away from the venue, and the second they realized that there was a park in their near sight, they rejoiced.

"It's so calm here," Aisha spoke as they entered the park, lying down on the grass. They laid down together, facing the sky, which was filled with bright, twinkling stars, shining amidst the dark cover above the two.

For a few moments, they kept quiet, comfortable with each others' company. Then, Chan propped his head up with his hand and faced her, and spoke, "So, are we still up with the idea of my present?"

"Present?"

"A thank you gift for having saved you a few minutes ago," he cheekily grinned.

"Ah, that!" Aisha rested her cheek on the palm of her hand, looking straight at Chan, "Well, do you want it that much?"

"Oh, believe me, I do," he licked his lips.

She giggled, "Then make me do that."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes!"

Chan got up and sat straight, making her copy the motion. They were opposite each other, Chan humming a tune of some well-known song, and Aisha joining in. She waited him to work her up with his charms.

"Let me ask you a question," he commenced, "Why did you go on that app?"

"I wanted some kind of an adventure," she honestly mumbled, "Didn't expect this to happen, but I'm so glad that it did."

"Me too!"

"Why did you go on that app?" she questioned.

"I just wanted a girl like you to be by my side," he smiled, his dimples on display, "I found you – someone even better than what I had expected to find."

"What a charmer!" she laughed.

"All for you, babygirl," he leaned in towards her, making their noses touch.

Aisha's breath was caught in her chest, her heart beating as fast as if to jump out of her body. She knew that he felt the same too, judging by the shaky motion of his hand, as he gently grabbed her hands.

Both of them closed their eyes, slightly breathing. As Chan backed away, she instantly missed his skin on her.

With his free hand, he tucked a stray lock of her hair behind her ear, cupping her cheek and leaning in closer to her ear.

Chan whispered, "You're so beautiful, Aisha... In every way."

"Chan..." she whimpered.

"Words, babygirl."

"I like you so much," she managed to mutter, and he backed away slightly to lock eyes with her. In her eyes, he saw the ocean – rumbling and wavy, yet so serene. The stars above couldn't compare with the look in her eyes.

Chan left her hand, and cupped her face gently. It was as if the desire was evident in both of their gazes.

And leaning in, their lips crashed against each others.

The moment was magical, considering how long they had been yearning for it. His lips encased hers in a sweet and loving manner, and he felt how soft her lips were – like a cotton candy, like a first snowfall. It was effortlessly sweet and dreamy, just the way he had always fantasized.

It took them a minute to part, and panting heavily, they looked into each others' dazed eyes. Seconds later, they cracked smiles, and Chan planted a kiss on her forehead.

And they were back on the grass, laying down, now talking.

Next chapter:

"Sorry, sorry!" Aisha couldn't help but laugh while saying, "I'm sorry!"

"Aw, it's okay!" Seungmin gently spoke.

"I'm sorry too-" Chan joined in, but Minho didn't let him complete,

"So sorry's gonna make it better?"

(a/n: IT HAPPENED AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH-

Double update huhhhh say thank you XD)