Chapter 28: The View

In the cab, the two sat silently

In the cab, the two sat silently. It wasn't awkward in any means – it was rather comfortable. Aisha peeked out of the window, and Chan, too, tried to concentrate on the view outside, but his eyes kept slipping to her.

The sunlight radiated on her face, crafting a majestic golden color on her skin. Her big, innocent eyes were busy looking at the surroundings they were passing by, and a smile rested on her pink lips. Her silky hair cascaded down her back, some sprawled over her shoulders.

For Chan, it was such a sight to see.

Once his eyes were attached to her features, he couldn't take them off her. A grin made its way up to his lips, and he didn't realize that he was smiling like a fool at her.

Only when the car came to a halt, and she tore her eyes away from the view outside and turned to him, he averted his eyes, embarrassed to having been caught staring at her.

Aisha smirked at his shy figure, and before she could speak anything, he defended himself, "I-I was just looking out of your window."

"Why? Wasn't the view on your side good?" she teasingly questioned.

"The view in front of me is good now," Chan cheekily grinned, and color rose to her cheeks.

"Such a flirt!" she giggled, and they climbed out of the car, Chan paying the fare to the driver.

"I should've paid!" Aisha complained.

"But I'm a gentleman," he acted like a typical gentleman, bowing before her, making her laugh.

Together, they walked into the karaoke shop, paying the receptionist her fee and entering a karaoke booth.

"Which song do you want to sing?" Chan asked her, looking through the songs with Aisha.

"Um... how about Sweet Night by V? It'll be fun!" she exclaimed, clapping her hands.

"Sweet Night it is!" Chan registered the song, and within seconds, the guitar played. They picked up their mics, and Aisha started.

"On my pillow, can't get me tired; sharing my fragile truth, that I still hope the door is open," she sang.

Chan started singing the next stanza, and for her, listening to him singing in person was a hundred times better than listening to him through a device. The purity of his vocals stunned Aisha, and she almost entered a trance, only listening to him sing.

"How could I know, one day I'd wake up feeling more," Chan sang, and turned to her, snapping her out of her daze, and she continued, "But I had already reached the shore, guess we were ships in the night, night, night."

Chan hummed to the melody, and she was mesmerized, to say the least. Her eyes trailed over all of his features – the doe-eyes, the perfectly-angled nose, the plump lips – and she wondered that if God had a favorite, it would be him.

They finished the song, swaying to the beats, and next, Chan chose Fantastic Baby by BIgBang. Now, it was time for some fun.

The beats started playing in the loudest volume she'd ever heard, but he didn't even mind it, as if loud noise was something usual to him (who says it's not usual for him?).

"Yeogi buteora, modu moyeora, we gon' party like lilililalala," Chan started, snapping his head in a comedic manner at her, displaying that it was her time to sing.

Aisha giggled at his behavior, not exactly able to sing the song correctly due to laughing.

"Stop laughing!" Chan laughed too, making her laugh even more. A moment later, it was just the two of them laughing at nothing.

"What are we laughing at?" she asked, wiping the tears from the corner of her eyes.

"I forgot!" he laughed harder.

It took them a minute to recover, and when they did, both of them started yelling in sync, "WOW, FANTASTIC BABY!"

And they started jumping around in the small booth, dancing.

"I wanna dance, dance, dance da-dance!"

"This is so fun!" Aisha happily spoke, out of breath.

"Yes!"

Next chapter:

"Did I ever tell you that I have a thing for dimples?" she started.

"I'm the one for you, I knew it," he said in a sing-song voice, and she giggled.

(a/n: long chapter! did you like it? Leave your views for me!)