Chapter 34: Hold My Hand

The car came to a halt in front of the apartment complex, and Chan got off the vehicle, straightening up his suit

The car came to a halt in front of the apartment complex, and Chan got off the vehicle, straightening up his suit. According to him, he looked decent in a simple black suit, with a crisp white dress shirt under it. His long tie hung from his neck, and he loosened up the collar a bit.

He then climbed the stairs up to Aisha's apartment, and nervously, he pressed the door bell

"Coming!" came her faint voice from the other side of the door. Then, he heard ticking of shoes on the ground, and within a second, the door swung open.

And his breath hitched in his throat.

That was the prettiest sight he had seen ever.

Walking out of the house was Aisha, his dream partner, clad in a solid deep cut red gown with a slit from one side. On her exposed thigh were chains arranged in a confusing pattern. Her hair were neatly combed and cascading down her back and her shoulders. She had light makeup on, but there was an evident loud red-colored lipstick on her lips. And gracing those lips was a beautiful smile.

 And gracing those lips was a beautiful smile

"How do I look?" she questioned.

Chan gulped, already enchanted by her beauty and elegance. To him, even the brightly shining stars up in the night sky couldn't compare to her gleam. She had taken his breath away, and he knew that she knew it too.

She raised a brow at him, enjoying him look so worked up upon seeing her.

Chan coughed to clear his head and think straight.

"You look... gorgeous," he breathed out, and she giggled, walking forward to hold his hand and beam at him.

"You look so freaking handsome, Chan! Had to work a bit to match up with your level of attractiveness," she laughed.

No, I should be the one saying that – he wanted to say, but his words were trapped in his mouth. He was in so deep.

"Let's go?" she suggested, and he thoughtlessly nodded. As she was locking the door of her apartment, he blurted out, "You're the prettiest girl I've ever seen."

She paused, and looked around to see him still staring at her desperately, as if a million thoughts were swimming in his head but he couldn't get one out; which was true.

"Thank you," she smiled, and her eyes creased from the corners – something Chan loved about her. Well, what did he not love about her?

She locked the door and grabbed her handbag, and followed Chan out of the building, towards the car. He opened the door for her, and she sat inside, obviously impressed by his chivalry, and he closed her side of the door, walking over to his side.

Once he was inside, the car roared to life. As they passed by countless buildings, Aisha anxiously breathed in and out.

"What's wrong?" Chan asked her.

"I'm just... nervous? I'm going to meet so many known faces, the paparazzi, and most importantly, we're making us official. What if I mess up?" she worriedly spoke.

To that, Chan showed a tight-lipped smile, and grabbing her hands, he rubbed circles on the back of her hands with his thumbs.

"You're not gonna mess up."

"What if I do?"

"Then hold my hand and don't let go. Everything will be alright if we're together," he grinned at her, and she couldn't help but return the gesture. The soothing motion on the back of her hands relaxed her, and she nodded at him.

The car ceased moving, and the driver announced, "We're here, sir."

Aisha deep breathed, and Chan didn't let go of her hand as he said, "It's time."

Next chapter:

"Saved me from wearing plastic pants and dancing with him on the stage? How do I thank you?" she chuckled.

"Hm, let me guess," Chan looked up in the air, faking thinking, and then spoke, "A kiss?"

(a/n: DUDE WE HIT 8K!! THAT WAS SO QUICK!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!)