Chapter 29: To Get Him Flustered

"I really don't want to go back home," Aisha whined, "I don't want this day to end

"I really don't want to go back home," Aisha whined, "I don't want this day to end."

"Me neither," Chan flattened his lips into a thin line, "But it's late and I want you to be safe."

She smiled at him, and as they walked out of the karaoke shop, with Chan wearing a mask, they decided not to take a taxi and walk together to drop her at her place.

As the duo walked, the admired their surroundings – a large cover of pink sky over them, the buzzing of countless people walking around, slight honking of the cars on the road – and there they were, exactly where they wanted to be – with each other.

Aisha hummed, and Chan kept casting glances at her, joining her by humming along, and she gave a smile with her eyes creased from the corners. He couldn't help but return the smile, his dimples on full display.

"Did I ever tell you that I have a thing for dimples?" she started.

"I'm the one for you, I knew it," he said in a sing-song voice, and she giggled.

"That, we're sure about. But am I the right one for you?"

"Yes. A hundred times yes," he eagerly spoke.

"How are you so sure about it?" she mused.

"Don't question it, babygirl," Chan chuckled, and she felt a sudden rush of blood to her face. Something about him calling her 'babygirl' always made her a flustered mess. She liked it, but would never admit it, thanks to her shyness.

She wasn't really a shy person – just awkward, maybe – but with him, she felt comfortable yet shy, all because of the fact that he could get her flustered without even trying. She wanted to do that to him too.

Little did she know, she already had that effect on him.

On the entire way to her apartment, they were engaged in talks about food, since both of them were huge food enthusiasts.

"American steak is the best," Chan stated.

"But nothing can compete with classic Italian pasta," Aisha declared.

"Have you eaten that?"

"No."

They laughed whole-heartedly.

And time flew past quickly, and they had reached her apartment complex. They climbed the stairs up to the first floor, where her apartment was.

"So, I guess this is it for today?" she sadly spoke.

Chan pursed his lips, "I enjoyed a lot today, though."

"Me too... I really, really, really wish that I could spend more time with you," she stared at him with shining eyes, and he blushingly looked at the ground, grinning.

"I could say the same, but you know that it isn't possible," he sighed.

"Yeah..."

They stared at each other, standing at her doorstep, wondering what to do next. There wasn't tension in the air, but it wasn't completely calm either. It was as if they were waiting for each other to make the night longer.

And to that, Aisha took the first step.

She leaned in closer to him, and removing the hook of the mask from his left ear, and opening the mask, she leaned in.

Both of their hearts beat fast, literally throbbing in their chests, and she teasingly kissed him on his cheek.

As she parted, she looked into his eyes, which were dazed, and she wrapped the mask back around his face. Thankfully, for Chan, his blush could be hidden behind the mask.

"Goodnight," she whispered, and he dazedly mumbled a 'goodnight' back, and she grinned to herself for giving him a taste of his own medicine – to get him flustered like he does to her.

As she walked into her apartment, waving a goodbye at him, she closed the door and leaned against it, waiting for his footsteps to fade away so that she could freely squeal.

Meanwhile, Chan on the other hand had the biggest smile on his face. He joyfully skipped down the stairs, heading towards the dorm and replaying the day over and over in his head.

Next chapter:

"OH, GOD, ARE WE GONNA MEET HER?" Hyunjin screamed in joy.

"You need to calm down! You're being too loud," Jeongin quoted Taylor Swift.

(a/n: did I get your hopes up about them kissing? Lmao the joke's on you XD)