10: Dreaded magic

Requested by: yourboihomeslice77

•Since the season 1 finale tells a different tale, this will be a bit different so don't expect it to have anything related to union as such. It won't exist in this one-shot.

"No way, kid!" Eda said with crossed arms.

It was planned as a decision that Eda and Lilith take on the emperor themselves but never realized that Luz would find out about it sooner than anticipated.

"I can't let you two go on your own!! How am I supposed to know that you two will be ok when you two go there!" Luz exclaimed while holding on Eda's arm.

Eda sighed.

She hated it when Luz does the 'Luz thing' on her.

"Luz... Listen... I and my sister will be fine." Eda said.

Luz didn't like that answer.

"But you just escaped him!! You've gone powerless and Lilith isn't that powerful anymore and I know that! Please, Eda! Don't go!" She insisted.

"Luz, Amity is held hostage there, that's why we're going... I promise you we won't face the emperor but we will grab Amity out of there." Lilith said, intervening to help her younger sister who finally got Luz's hold off of her.

Luz shot up.

"Amity..?" She muttered before asking, "but Amity said she quit going to the emperor's coven months ago??"

Lilith nodded at her statement.

"She did... But... There was something, a reason... A reason she didn't want anyone finding out that's why she didn't tell you." She said before continuing with, "we'll be back with Amity, Luz, what we do need you to do is keep an eye on the house. There's been a spy around the place for a while now."

Luz clutched her jacket.

After those times she's helped to get everyone back, she'll just lose them again won't she?

"I'm coming with you two!!" She yelled.

Eda and Lilith really can't stop a human like her from anything now, can they?

"Fine, Luz! But you better know how to defend yourself too! And hurry up!!!" Eda called back over.

...

Coughing, Amity wiped her chin and sat up sighing.

"That's enough." Belos said with a hand raised to stop one of the guards from coming closer to Amity who was scowling at him.

"We've taken enough information out of her and knowing that she really won't budge answering us... We'll have to go for the human." Belos stated.

Amity shot up with wide eyes as she stood up and rushed towards the bars yelling at his face, "leave her out of this!! She has nothing to do with this!"

Belos chuckled before raising her by the chin.

"Amity Blight... She is related to almost everything that has happened here. If she never arrived, perhaps the owl lady could've really been successfully petrified under my name and her older sister's name... If she never arrived, nothing close to magic mixing could've ever happened to Hexside." He said.

Amity clicked her tongue and smacked his hand away.

"You know nothing of what she's ever done here in the boiling isles!" She yelled before breathing down to calm herself as she continued with, "if it weren't for her nothing would've changed... And you know that damn well because you're a coward for a damned emperor."