| The Truth About Coco |

Uncomfortable. Out of place. Perplexed.

Mila awkwardly sat beside Coco with her mug of now warm coffee in hand. Across from her sat a very angry Celia Cruz and an eye-rolling teenager. Her name is still unknown to Mila. Before they could make it over to the booth moments ago, Mila protested with Coco. Arguing that this wasn't exactly a good idea. His mother already disliked Mila for some strange reason and to meet his kid so early - too frightening for Galindo to handle.

"Who's this?" The teen points her chin at Mila, hard balling the well-groomed woman with suspicion.

"Mila..." Coco says softly, unable to glance at Leticia. Tapping Mila's thigh underneath the table to gain Galindo's attention, Coco slowly spells out Leticia's name in sign. "This is Leticia."

A toothy grin flick across Mila's face and her hand reaches out towards Leticia. As much as Mila is admitting that this is the most extraordinary thing she's done recently, it is a pleasure to meet Coco's daughter. Leticia's face is unreadable at first. Then, with a returned grin, Leticia slips her hand into Mila's.

This woman must be special for Coco to make an effort on learning sign language. Anything outside of the club Coco never commits to.

Celia reaches for Leticia's forearm and yanks the teen's hand from out of Mila's reach. As if Mila's deafness will spread by a simple handshake. "And why is she here? She ain't exactly family, Hijo. She doesn't belong here, " Celia spat, gripping her car keys in hand.

"Shut up, " Leticia huffed, "He obviously wants her here. Can't say much about us."

"Hey, watch it!" Coco shook his head, rubbing his temples. Having one in front of him could send him into the crazy house; Having both his mother and secret daughter in the same room could very well make his head explode. "She's here because I think you owe her an apology, ma."

Mila raised her brows whilst Celia held a look of utter shock. "Excuse me?" Celia chuckles, throwing her hand up to her curled lips. Tickled by her son's audacity.

If Mila wasn't taken aback by Coco's demand, she would probably laugh too.

"You heard me," Coco spat, growing irritated already. "Mila is my - friend. She ain't do nothin' to you. She's not taking your money, food, or sleep. The least you can do is give her some fuckin' respect."

Mila is ready to cut in after Coco's short rant but is quickly shot down by a side-eye from Coco. He is serious and won't allow anyone to disrespect Mila for no reason. She may not be his old lady now, but he was working towards that.

Celia clicks her tongue behind her teeth and adjusts herself to a more accurate position to show she is nowhere amused. Had she known her son wanted her to apologize to some whore she would have saved her gas and time.

"This ain't about her, this is about your disrespectful and out of control sister," Celia says behind gritted teeth.

"I won't say shit until you do what I ask," Coco challenged.

Celia let's out a scoff, waving her hand as if to inform that she gives up. Without looking at Mila, keeping her stone-cold brown eyes onto Coco, mumbled;

"I'm sorry," Celia paused, placing her chin onto the palm of her hand. "Happy?"

"Shut up," Coco hissed.

Mila sips her coffee in silence. This is too odd. Sure she wanted Coco to allow her to be in his world, but not this much. So soon. Celia shakes her head whilst her son contemplates if this apology is worth pushing forward. Alas, Cruz sucks in and finally snaps his gaze onto Leticia.