| A Father's Distress |

Mila blinked back her sentiments as Chuckie rushed to open the gate governing the back of the junkyard. Her thumbs kneaded the wheel's rubber while she took unsure glances at Leticia. Fifteen minutes before, Coco's daughter arrived at Mila's office with contusions scattered all over her delicate face. Leticia claimed Celia wasn't too pleased about her car becoming a habitat to dispose of dead bodies.

Not only did the guardian of Leticia scream about the car, but Celia also wanted all the cash Coco had given her and demanded Leticia to work the streets. When Leticia refused, Celia grew disgruntled—taking all of her aggression on Leticia.

At least, that is what Letty claims.

How sick do you have to be to push a minor to sell her body?

As Mila's BMW pulled into the dirt path, Mila rested her elbow against the curve of the window, pressing the back of her hand against her lips. She couldn't fathom any of this. Celia might be a bitch, a cold one at that; however, Mila had no clue she could ruthlessly beat her grandchild.

Stopping the car, Mila slipped out of the driver's side after throwing the door open.

EZ sat on the porch leading to the inside of the Clubhouse—taking a break from his Prospect duties with a filtered cigarette. Once Mila slammed the door of her vehicle, EZ's curiosity got the best of him. He could have sworn she was meant to be in the hospital with Emily and not here. Johnny made it clear he wanted nothing to do with Mila Galindo.

Mila hurried around the front of her car, keeping her worried gaze on him, and she signed to keep any commotion at a minimum;

"It's Leticia. She's hurt —"

Before Mila could continue, EZ's shocked eyes landed on the passenger side. The windshield too dark for anyone to make out the shadow inside. Yet, as he practically hopped down the stairs and got closer, EZ could see a streak of Leticia's bruised face.

"OH MY GOD!" EZ shouts, running towards Mila.

The woman ushered Leticia out into the dirt path. As EZ settled between them, the others began to push out of the Clubhouse. Confused over the sound of EZ's uneasy exclamation.

"Come on," EZ breathed, pulling a hesitant Leticia closer to him. After a reassuring glance at Mila, Leticia accepted EZ's warm embrace. His hand gently brushed strands of her long brown hair away from her cheek. Examining the dried blood on her forehead. "What happened?!"

"Celia," Leticia looked up at EZ, enjoying the fact that this idea appeared to be working. "She almost killed me."

Coco pushed his way through the small group forming on the porch to see EZ holding Leticia, Mila beside them, rubbing the teens back. EZ and Leticia are the first to notice Coco, and then Mila followed. Seeing the mixed fervor on his tired expression.

Moving down the steps, Coco met with the trio, searching for answers.

"Your mom did this," EZ tells him. "Mila brought her here."

Coco clenched his jaw while his face went blank. Looking at something over EZ's shoulder and then, his transparent gaze fell onto Mila. Their exchange was silent, hard to read from Mila's perspective. She knitted her brows, trying to make out his manner.

Then, she notices the look of death. Hatred. Rage. The same gaze he had given her on that night. Yet, this one felt different. As if nothing held him back.