| Desert Rose |

Leticia Cruz sat at the dinner table, playing with her cereal and milk. Her brown eyes studying the odd sculpture placed on the middle of the table. Mila suggests this thing is a work of art. The object contorted as if it had been hit by a semi-truck. The teenager surely didn't understand the importance of a piece of junk when she saw one. Rich folk will be rich folk.

Mila made her way to the kitchen with Coco at her hip, speaking of something Leticia didn't want to listen out for.

For the rest of the week, Mila agreed to allow Leticia to stay with her until Coco came back from a long run. Once Coco comes back with the rest of his club, he'd have to sort things out with Celia and the news about her vehicle being filled with water and a dead body inside of the trunk. Angel and EZ explained to Mila and Coco what had happened. As to why they were drenched after returning from disposing of the evidence yesterday afternoon.

Celia won't be happy when she does find out if she hasn't already.

"When will you be back?" Leticia questioned awkwardly, watching Coco pour himself a cup of coffee. Her lips curl into a disappointed frown.

Raising his head, Coco gave his daughter a quick smile. Deep down, he wished he could cancel going to San Buho Tribal Casino. But Coco knew this business with the Chinese might be a good way to calm down other cartels who were spooked by The Rebel's recent video footage. In the end, his club survived on drugs and that hard cash. Staying behind wasn't an option.

Mila knew of this plan. It was Miguel's and Mila's proposal after all to use the MC to do their dirty work. As long as Bishop and Alvarez kept the true nature of this gathering a secret from the rest of their men. So, Mila continued to play the innocent woman, sipping quietly on her French vanilla coffee.

"Couple of days. Nothin' more," said Coco placing his mug onto the gray kitchen counter. "And when I get back, we can fix some of this - our issues."

Leticia, gripping the handle of her spoon, grinned. For most of her life, she believed Celia Cruz to be her mother. Father unknown and mother, checked out. Too busy working the streets and drinking the pain away. Now, Leticia had something. Possibly a new start with the man she believed to be her brother. She forgave him for his absence, the little girl in her craving a father figure and parental love in her life. Even if it meant for a short time.

Mila could see that. She could see herself in Leticia. The lack of parenting and support. Their backgrounds differ, but the outcome similar.

As Mila pulled the brim of her mug closer to her lips, a flash of light caught her attention. Signaling that someone was at the door, ringing the bell. With a swift motion, she places her cup of coffee down on the counter, offered to get the door, and hurried to answer whoever decided to visit this early. Hopefully not Miguel or Nestor.

Opening the door, Mila comes to face EZ Reyes, the last person she wanted to see. Their stumped expression matches the other. Mila is more perplexed by his appearance. EZ more so dreading the fact Angel made him come fetch Coco.

Gripping the doorknob, Mila narrowed her brows, ready to slam the door shut.

"Is Coco here?" EZ questioned coldly, rubbing his sweaty palms down the back of his already filthy jeans. "Of course he is here, his bike is upfront. What I meant to ask, is if you told him yet?"

"Whatever do you mean, Ezekiel Reyes?" Mila spat.

"You know exactly what I mean, Mila Galindo."

The two stare each other down. EZ becoming the thorn in Mila's side. One she couldn't pull out. Not until everything settled in place. She knew his words were nothing more but child's play. Mila knew his secret and EZ knew hers. Neither will budge. Neither will snitch.