Chapter 24 : Bad News

De'Shawn's POV:

D: "So, how's Cassie?"

Me: "Well, she had a healthy baby and got a father's signature."

I laughed at the last part cause that was really unexpected.

D: "From who?"

Me: "RJ, it was awkward but cute."

He chuckled and looked at the ceiling.

D: "That's whats up. Out of all people, though. RJ?"

Me: "Right, that's what Im saying."

We shared a laugh and caught ourselves looking inside of each others eyes. He took his hand caressed my cheek.

D: "You're so beautiful... *Smiles* You make me feel like Im important. Like a king or some shit, I don't know. *Chuckles* Not a Cassie or a Kacey can replace you. They can only keep me satisfied when I need a quick fix or some female attention but YOU, *Smirks* Nah, YOU. You treat me like a husband, a brother, a father, and a son. You cater to me, even when Im acting up. I appreciate everything you do for me and it's probably these meds that got me talking like this but I need you. No matter who Im with, where I go, how ever long Ive been gone, or what I done said to you. Because it don't mean shit. I need you way more than you need me. Trust, If E and I ain't have Yah, we might be dead or in prison right now. That's a fact."

I smacked my lips and frowned.

Me: "Don't say that."

D: "But it's the truth. I love you and always will. Im thankful for you always being here for me and changing me. I promise, I'll quit the game and focus on my career and our family. I'll do it for you."

I smiled and let the promise linger in the air for a moment.

Me: "You'll stop banging for me?"

D: "Of course, I was planning on doing it anyway because you had got pregnant but... You know."

I dropped my head and he lifted my chin up.

"Real niggas keep their head up at all times. I don't wanna see you do that again. Look at me, and don't say nothing. I ain't shit. I smoke weed all day. Drink most nights. Never at home. Commitment issues. Almost had 2 baby mommas. Abusive to women and can't control my temper. Dropped out of high-school right before graduation. Fucked more girls than my age and none of them were my girlfriend not including you Cassie. I kill niggas for fun and buy and sell drugs for a living. Im a poor excuse of a man and have NOTHING to offer you. If anybody's head is down, it should be mine. Cause I should be THAT ashamed of myself. Not you. You're the good girl that I turned bad by the stupid shit I do. I influenced you to do many things but you're still that good girl. Think about what you've accomplished in life. Probably more things than Beyonce. Youre a successful, independent, black woman and you have all the reason to walk around this bitch like you run shit. Your chin should never hit the ground. I don't ever want to see it that way either."

He's right.

He gripped my hand and closed his eyes. The door suddenly flew opened and RJ looked concerned and upset.

Me: "What's wrong?"

RJ: "Man, EVERYBODY got locked up. Jaee & Ari didn't of course but, you know. That nigga Tony went missing too. They said, somebody is going down for murder. We just don't know who yet."

Just when you thought you were done, shit comes back and hits you in the face. Tony must have been thinking ahead the whole time and expected for our plan to mess up like this so he can get away and rat us out. But then D and I would be the locked up then... I wonder what happened at that trap.

D: "See, fuck my life..."

Me: "This is some bullshit. I'll go get them."

I was about to get up when D grabbed my arm,

D: "Please, don't leave me. If you leave me here alone, I'll go insane. What If that nigga comes in here and finishes me off?"

I felt kind of good to know that he really wanted me here but it's sad because now it's a psycho After his head and we should've killed him when we had the chance. But one too many people died that day and I will never regret it. I would like to get revenge but I want his ass to suffer. I guess you can't make a psycho suffer any more. I sit next to D and rubbed his arm.

Me: "Okay, I'll stay. Im not going nowhere"

He smiled with sincerity in his eyes and it caused my face to lighten up.

RJ: "What we gone do about them?"

D: "Go get them. Get the money from the safe in the trap and bail them out."

He left without asking questions. D kissed my hand and looked me in the eyes.

D: "Thank you."

With that he asked me to roll him over on his stomach cause he sleeps better that way he can't be tossing and turning on a fresh wound. It wasn't long before her was sound asleep and I heard soft snores. I kissed his forehead and caressed his cheek.

Me: "Good night, baby boy. Mama loves you soo much."

---------------------------------

I know it's short but I wanted to go into more detail in the next Chapter so I guess you an say, it's another Cliffy ;)