Chapter 7 : Like A Virgin

De'Shawn's POV:

De'Mario and I have been talking for a few months now and yet to make things official. Im trying to establish if this is love or lust. I can see that its hard for him to decide as well but I dont want him to find out the easy way. If you know what I mean.

I take a deep breath before getting out of bed on a saturday morning. I hope they dont call me into work today because Ive been working my ass off this week. Well, I know that pay check gone be hella fat though.

Due to the cold weather outside I decide to take a longer shower than usual to prepare me. Its late November and im getting ready for the 60° weather. That may not sound like nothing to my people back at my hometown but if you know me, Im always cold. So when I got out the shower. I put on my big PINK sweater that was red. I slipped on my black leggings and gray uggs. I dont like make up so I just put on mascara and eye liner. But dont forget my red lip stick and carmex.

Lastly, I curled my honeyblonde vixen sewin and topped it off with a Detroit beanie. Im repping my state but most of all my baby De'Mario. Hopefully, I get to see him today. He's been working so much lately. Ive heard a few of his songs too, little do he know, Ive been to all his shows here in Cali. Im proud of him, he sold out his last show. My baby is making it big out here and I aint mad at him.

I hop in my car to go to my friend Keisha's house, I met her at UCLA, she's in my dance class and we are the only two who are real in that class. Plus, she knows De'Mario because she used to go with one of his boys. Them two dont get along at all. I dont know why tbh, so im guessing it has to do with past experiences. But they both are crazy asf so, I aint even gone bother to mess with it.

I make it to Keishas' house and lord knows im hungry. I asked her if she wanted to go out for brunch and she agreed. We stopped at a Denny's and ordered there. She seemed kind of sad, I didnt notice it in the car because I usually blast my music not knowing that shes singing along while I drive. But I guess shes been quiet all this time. This girl is never quiet. Shes either joking around, gossiping, telling me about a boy, or asking me about myself. So I know somethings up. Keisha is 5'2 with thick hips and a skinny waist. She carried D cups on her chest and probably 20 pounds on her booty. She always had something to talk about because everybody had something to say about her. She was gorgeous. She was foreign so she was the color caramel on most days but mocha on her worst days. She had it all. Niggas were lined up to have her. Most times she fell for it but I got her to calm that down. Even though she grown and 2 years older than me, She need to keep her cookies to herself. No wonder she be having s hard time finding love.

I dont blame Keisha, shes doing alot better thsn females that suffered like she has. She didnt have a father in her life and her mother was on drugs. Her step father would sexually abuse her until she ran away and moved out at the age of 18. Shes 20 now and shes one of the strongest females I know. Shes planning to finish college and give back to the young women who went through what she did. I would expect her to be on drugs and or a prostitute because thats all she knew. She has a problem with finding love because of her past but shes trying to change and thats all that matters.

Keisha isnt feeling it today and I need to know why. My girl aint finna go through this alone. She doesnt need to if she got me. Thats what friends are for.

She tries to fake smile when I look at her. But she cant fool me. Ive been doing it all my life just like she has. We know what it feels like to be unhappy so why does she feel the need to hide it from me?

Me: "Key, whats wrong?"

She doesnt respond. She just looks at me with those watering hazel eyes eyes and shakes her head. She attempted to fake smile followed by a tear. Then two. Then 3. I stopped counting and rushed to her side of the booth and hugged her while she cried on my shoulder. Tears began to fall down my face as well. I hate it to hear people cry. It hurts me too. I rock her until shes quiet. People are staring but I dont give a fuck, they can mind their own business. All I know is, Im about to kill whoever made my girl cry.