Chapter 267-268

Chapter 267: A habit that lasted 10 years, through rain and shine

Mo Xueyan did not expect that joining this palace feast was one of the most correct decisions that she made.

She had successfully gotten married!

Even though she was married to You Yuecheng's brother and not His Excellency Ming General, he was still married into Mingguo Manor. Furthermore, she was married to a reputable aristocrat, someone she had never imagined herself marrying in the past. The only concern was that he was the son of a concubine.

However, that would not be the problem since she could enjoy all the riches in the world after she gets married into Mingguo Manor.

She felt herself being strangled by Ming General You Zi and felt herself falling into the lake and being saved by You Yuelin. In front of the crowd, You Yuelin saved her from the lake, hugging her tightly. As if she was dreaming, the Empress opened her mouth and spoke. Even though she did not directly order the marriage, she allowed the two to exchange tokens of love.

With the Empress as a witness, this matter was pretty much settled.

From a desperate route, Mo Xueyan suddenly entered a sunny path of success. She was first confused before being surprised and finally became proud of herself. Her joy and excitement increased by the minute.

The servants were all waiting by the side and congratulated her, as they had heard the news prior. Having a good mood, she rewarded the servants handsomely, a rare gesture from the usually stingy girl.

At a forked route, Mo Xueyan stopped and sighed quietly before turning and walking towards Qingwei Garden, where Mo Xuetong stayed. Forcing her grandmother to act paid off since she obtained such a good marriage. Even though the process was troubling, the result was not bad.

Believing that she would be married into an aristocrat's family immediately as his wife, Mo Xueyan, was uncontrollably arrogant and prideful. She could not wait to show off in front of Mo Xuetong and share this delightful news with her.

Mo Xueyan had never been someone who restricted herself. She decided to go to Qingwei Garden to see Mo Xuetong immediately.

Inside Qingwei Garden, Mo Xuetong was still injured.

"Oh my, Third Sister, you should have seen how polite the princes of Mingguo Manor were. Seeing that I had accidentally fallen into the lake, he hurriedly jumped in to save me. Indeed, it was fate that made me meet him. Our oldest sister can only marry herself to someone from Duke's manor. How can a duke compare himself to a real prince." Mo Xueyan smiled, accentuating her bright red lips, which had been decorated with a thick layer of lipstick. Before Mo Xuetong even spoke, she slumped onto her chair and continued, "You can come and see what the princes' manor looks like when you get married over."

"Thank you for your invitation." Mo Xuetong was lying on her bed, a faint smile on her face.

"No need to thank me, we are family. When I am rich in the future, I will reward you too. If I have the chance, I will help you find a good husband too." Mo Xueyan was beaming with happiness, squeezing a teacup tightly with her polished hands. Her newly trimmed long nails were poised as if they could penetrate the porcelain cup.

"Second Miss, my lady is tired. You should go back soon." Mo Yu was trying her best to restrain her anger, especially since she knew it was Mo Xueyan who harmed her lady.

"Hey, you are just a servant..." Mo Xueyan was annoyed to have been interrupted in her delightful speech by Mo Yu. A tinge of hatred showed on her smiling face. If not for her good mood, she would have sapped Mo Yu already.