Chapter 343-344

Chapter 343 King Xuan’s Anger and the Imperial Noble Consort Gets into Trouble

The imperial physician left uneasily. Steward Wang returned to the outside of Feng Yuran’s bedroom. He hesitated for a moment before he entered. He truly could not make a decision.

“Why were you walking up and down outside?” Feng Yuran asked lightly, not opening his eyes. He tapped his long and slim fingers by the bed casually and seemed to be in a good mood.

“Your Highness, the He family also sent someone to congratulate you on your wedding. Should we leave them inside or outside the manor?” No matter what, the He family was the prince’s maternal family. If they were to be set up outside the manor, it would not look good. However, not only would the prince be upset should they be settled inside the manor, but it would also be inconvenient.

Even though Steward Wang knew that Feng Yuran did not like the He family, he still reported the news to the prince. No matter what had happened, since the He family was here, the prince had to entertain them.

“Who from the He family came?” Feng Yuran asked with an interested tone. He continued tapping the sides of the bed with his slender fingers.

“First and Second Sir of the He family came as well as two young ladies from the He family who just turned 15. They are said to be the daughters of the two men.” Steward Wang answered carefully. He sighed to himself. Everyone knew what the two men were plotting. Yet, they still said they were here to congratulate the prince with a sincere look on their faces. He did not know what the two men were thinking. Did they think the prince would acknowledge them after what happened?

“Let them stay outside the manor. I can’t afford to feed them.” Feng Yuran said with closed eyes and a lazy tone.

“But I fear others might…” Steward Wang’s meaning was clear.

“When have I ever cared about what others say?” Feng Yuran opened his phoenix-eyes with a vague smile. He glanced at Steward Wang and said, “Have them stay outside the manor. I have two beautiful cousins, there must be some use of them.”

“Your Highness, you mean?” Steward Wang’s eyes glimmered and he suddenly understood. He knew Feng Yuran well after serving him for a long time. He understood Feng Yuran’s intentions before he even finished his sentence.

“I don’t need to have any intentions. They already have their own. You don’t have to care much about them. Just settle them down outside the manor. I do not want my little wife to be challenged by others before she even marries me.” Feng Yuran’s beautiful lips curled up slightly. A brilliant smile appeared on his handsome and flawless face.

The He family had never been peaceful. There were some things that he did not even have to help along with. It was a coincidence; he heard his father talking about it a few days ago. Consort Zhao, who had always been locked up deep in the palace was interested in coming out. Then, the He family made their move at the same time. It seemed that the woman locked up deep in the palace was not completely unaware of what was happening outside.

“Yes, I will arrange it immediately.” Steward Wang understood what Feng Yuran wanted. He nodded and was about to leave.

“Is Shen Kun back?” Feng Yuran asked.

“He just returned to the manor and was waiting outside earlier.”

“Get him to come in.”

“Yes.”

Steward Wang left the room. Then, Shen Kun entered. He bowed to Feng Yuran respectfully before moving to stand at the side with his hands by his side.