Chapter 445-446

Chapter 445 Returning to the Mo Manor and Meeting Second Consort Yan

Mo Xuetong spoke with Cairong for a while and then went to walk around the garden with Nanny Yang. Mo Xuetong did not wish to publicize the matter for now. The matter would not be so simple and she had a feeling that Cairong definitely had something to do with the He family. However, Mo Xuetong could not tell if Cairong had anything to do with Consort Xian.

Fortunately, she had been dealing with the He family and could find out information from them. The thing with Consort Xian could not be so simple. Perhaps this Cairong was a key to finding out about it. For now, though, she would just watch on regarding the He family and would interfere only at the right time. Anyway, given the characters of the He sisters, things would not be peaceful. As such, Mo Xuetong was not in a hurry. She would wait silently and at the best possible moment…

Peonies did not bloom at this time and the flowers that had bloomed earlier were all wilting. All that was left was a verdant green color. They were no different from the other branches. However, the peony garden did not just have peonies. Other than the peonies, which made up most of the flowers there, there were other various flowers interspersed in between. The design of the entire garden was very reasonable.

Nanny Yang brought Mo Xuetong around and then led her to the main courtyard. That was where Feng Yuran would stay when he visited occasionally.

The main courtyard was very clean. Mo Xuetong rested there for a while and looked at the general size of the garden. Having gotten an idea of it, she then left the peony garden.

She did not return to King Xuan’s Manor straightaway. Instead, she first went to Mo Manor. Xu Yan was already several months pregnant. She hurried out to welcome Mo Xuetong upon hearing that she was visiting.

Mo Xuetong helped her into the room and sat down after greeting her.

Mo Xuetong looked at Xu Yan’s belly, which was already showing, and smiled. She said, “Mother, you have to have a little brother for me so that Father can have a legitimate son to take over the family business.”

Mo Xuetong had never thought well of Mo Yufeng, especially in current circumstances. After what happened to Auntie Fang and Mo Xuemin, Mo Yufeng must hate Mo Xuetong a lot. After what happened to Mo Xuetong in her past life, she felt that she had steeled her heart.

Xu Yan flushed and lowered her head slightly. She sighed and said, “It’d be great if I can have a son.”

She knew of the current situation the Mo Manor was in. If she could not have a son, the Mo Manor would end up in Mo Yufeng’s hands sooner or later. Mo Xuetong did not mind for she was now Consort Xuan. However, it was different for Xu Yan. When she thought that she might have to live under Mo Yufeng’s thumb in the future, she could not bring herself to be happy.

“Mother, you are a blessed person. It will be alright. Even if it is not a little brother this time, you can have more children. You’re young anyway.”

Mo Xuetong smiled and comforted Xu Yan upon seeing that she was truly worried.

“I can only think of it this way now.” Xu Yan sighed once more and held Mo Xuetong’s hand. She suddenly asked, “Did you see your Fourth Sister when you came in?”

“Mo Xueqiong?” Mo Xuetong asked in surprise.

“Yes, she just returned to the manor. I heard that she brought with her some gold and jewelry. She doesn’t seem to have lost King Yan’s affection after marrying him. She even gifted me some things earlier.” Xu Yan pointed at a few colorful bolts of cloth on the table.