Chapter 239-240

Chapter 239 Sending the Evil Woman Back to the Yu Manor

"It has something to do with First Miss?" The veins on Mo Huawen's forehead twitched. It was obvious that he was about to lose control. He gritted his teeth and asked, "Did First Miss plot together with this evil woman to hurt Third Miss?" If Min'er was already so vicious, he would rather send her to a temple than to let her marry into the Duke Zhenguo's manor. It would harm and embarrass the entire Mo family.

"No, that's not it. Auntie Fang found First Miss' maid, Elder Sister Mo Xiu. First Miss did not come. Auntie Fang was locked up and only Elder Sister Mo Xiu would come to visit Auntie from time to time..." The little maidservant answered whatever she could. She was afraid that she would be beaten to death on the spot if she answered too slowly.

Scheming to hurt one's master was punishable. She could be flogged to death on the spot.

"Sir Yu, do we still need to question her? If we continue to, we might even find out who was the instigator. Sir Yu has to remember to give us justice." Mo Huawen smiled coldly at Yu Feng. Then, he turned to say to a servant standing by the side, "Go and get Mo Xiu from First Miss' courtyard. Ask her to corroborate her account."

He was very certain that Yu Feng was not innocent in the whole matter. Of course, he would not let go at this point. Yu Manor wanted to plot against and kill his child. They had to bear responsibility for this.

A sharp glint appeared in Auntie Fang's eyes when she saw Mo Huawen persisting in his investigation. He was going to fight Yu Manor to the end. She knew that Mo Huawen was really angry and she pulled herself up using a tree by her side and screamed, "Old Sir, please don't investigate any further. I was the one who did it. It was all me and it has nothing to do with anyone else. But should I not!"

She seemed mad. She only thought about all the grievances she had suffered all these years as she gritted her teeth. Her face twisted furiously as she said, "When Madam was ill, I waited on her by her bedside. What did you say then? You said that I was virtuous and that you would make me your legal wife if Madam were to pass away. Then, Madam passed away and you said you wanted to mourn for her. I have been waiting since then."

"Feng'er is a concubine's son, and Min'er is a concubine's daughter. Do you know how people look down on them when they go out? Is it wrong of me to want to become your legal wife? Furthermore, you were the one who promised me. However, ever since the little slut returned to the manor, Old Sir, you've paid more and more attention to her and didn't even mention anything about making me your legal wife."

"Old Sir, since you have not shown thought for our children, I have to. Without the little slut, our family would be perfect and happy long ago. Old Sir, I did it for our children. Was I wrong! If you were a woman, you would also probably do everything for your children..."

"Crack!" A palm slammed down heavily and interrupted her.

"Slut, what do you mean our family would be perfect? You are just a plaything. What family? My legal wife is my wife and she is my family. It is not your place to question anything. How dare a concubine like you dare to say we are a family." Mo Huawen was so angry he was going mad. He slapped her forcefully in his anger.

Auntie Fang fell and hit the tree again.

"Auntie said she waited on my mother by her bed but did not know why she got weaker and weaker as she served her. Auntie solved my doubts today. Father had promised to make you his legal wife, so my mother did not need to live! Since things are already so, tell me, Auntie, so that my mother can rest in peace." Mo Xuetong's eyes glinted with a cold smirk. She stared at Auntie Fang with a razor-sharp glare.