Chapter 475-476

Chapter 475 Love Blossoms During a Medicinal Bath in the Hot springs

“Rui’er just has to quickly give birth to King Chu’s eldest legal son. That will be the best repayment you can give me.” The Empress teased warmly.

“Aunt…” Ling Rui’er stomped her feet shyly, causing the Empress to laugh warmly. The Empress smiled and teased Ling Rui’er, “Lass, what’s there to be shy about? You can only capture a man’s heart once you have his legitimate son. Write your letter here. I still have to visit Her Majesty. She mentioned you yesterday.”

Ling Rui’er and the Empress Dowager did not get along ever since what happened the last time. The smile slid off Ling Rui’er’s face and she asked unhappily, “Her Majesty? What did she say about me?”

“It’s no big deal. We are all daughters of the Ding General Manor. She naturally wants to find out what happened. Rui’er, promise me. If Her Majesty looks for you these few days, you have to be sensible and not argue with her. She is after all, older than you. Her Majesty has been having a hard time recently. King Ning… She’s old now and should enjoy her life.” The Empress laughed as if she truly cared for Ling Rui’er. However, she also managed to make Ling Rui’er feel that the Empress was going to make things difficult for her. As such, Ling Rui’er found it hard to be happy.

“It will be peaceful if Her Majesty just wants to enjoy her life. Aunt, I think you should be more careful. It is difficult to find out what Her Majesty is thinking. She might not do things in favor of the Ding General Manor.” Ling Rui’er said meanly when she heard that the Empress Dowager might look her up. She did not want to see the Empress Dowager and felt upset when she thought of how the Empress Dowager did not like her either.

The Empress Dowager could not help but turn nasty when she heard how presumptuous Ling Rui’er was.

“Shut up.” The Empress’s gaze turned cold as she whispered angrily. “This is the royal palace and Her Majesty is the noblest person here. How could you say something like that here? If she finds out about it, you’re going to die!”

Even though the Empress sounded angry, she was not sharp or fierce about it. It was obvious that she was warning Ling Rui’er.

“I, Aunt…” Ling Rui’er was startled when she heard that. She was not willing to accept that and wanted to argue. However, the Empress interrupted her again.

“Don’t say anything else. I will go to see Her Majesty. Write your letter here and pass it to Yan Miao later.” The Empress’s expression darkened. She walked to the door without saying anything else.

Behind her, Ling Rui’er pouted. However, she knew that they were in the palace and they must not infuriate the Empress Dowager. If she did, she would be on the losing end. She and the Empress Dowager truly did not get along. She did not know why the old woman wanted to fight for power and not just stay in the palace happily in the golden years. She just had to eat and drink. Why was she causing so much trouble?

The Empress Dowager kept doing things in secret with the old men in Ling Rui’er’s family. She did not know what they were up to. They even punished Ling Rui’er’s uncle for what she did. Ling Rui’er had just used something from the Empress Dowager’s palace to frame Mo Xuetong! They were all daughters from the Ding General Manor. Why did the Empress Dowager have to make things difficult for her!

The Empress, her aunt, was still nicer. She treated Ling Rui’er wholeheartedly! When Feng Yuxuan became the Emperor and she became the Empress, she would make the Empress the Empress Dowager. She would ignore that old biddy, the Empress Dowager, no matter how much she begged her. Ling Rui’er could not help but laugh out loud when she thought of that.