Chapter 355-356

Chapter 355 Wedding Atmosphere in Five Kilometers, Married Off

Once the thing in Mo Manor spread, people from and outside the court were all stunned. It was already not a simple case where the children fought for the inheritance. Instead, it was intentioned framing. Immediately, officials from the Ministry of Justice went to inquire about it in Mingguo Manor. However, all of the conclusions led to the fact that the concubine-born son coveted the dowries of Mo Manor’s second miss. Therefore, he disgraced himself by personally carrying the dowries and then caused trouble.

After all, he didn’t personally touch the brochure with his own hands. Everything started with Mo Xueyan, so he pushed all the blame onto Mo Xueyan.

Later, before people figured out what had happened, news that Mo Xueyan committed suicide in jail came. Then, You Yuelian followed to kill himself as well. Both of them died. Emperor Zongwen became furious and demanded a thorough investigation into it. However, even after a thorough investigation, people only found the improper love affair between Mo Xueyan and You Yuelian which started a long time ago. They had secretly met each other more than once.

Actually, Mo Xueyan put the brochure among those dowries.

When people rushed into Mo Manor to make a scene, she snuck into the Old Madam’s yard to put it there. However, Mo Xuetong’s lead maidservant saw Mo Xueyan and then replaced it with the dowry list she had written for her master in her inner pockets.

In this case, You Yuelian only seemed indecent. Mingguo Manor would at most be blamed for not having properly educated their children. Furthermore, he was just a concubine-son, which was not a big deal. Since the two sinners had already died, it would be useless to keep detaining Mo Manor’s old madam any longer; therefore they asked Mo Huayan to take her home.

The old madam had been startled and shocked in jail and finally died from illness just a few days after returning home.

The incident had caused quite a stir; however, it resulted in no serious consequence. In the end, only two obscure people died, which really didn’t matter. However, many people did not think so in their hearts. Mo Manor was King Xuan’s wife’s family, and Mingguo Manor was King Yan’s wife’s family. King Xuan was injured, while King Yan received punishment. People needed to clearly figure out the twists and turns inside this. They didn’t want to both lose their opportunities and lives once taking the wrong side.

Therefore, though so many disputes took place in the two families, no one pursued it. Even those hard-headed censors who were known as being men of integrity also obediently stayed quiet. They just watched the cases slip away before their eyes and lost the opportunity to make their names remembered in history.

It was inside You Yuecheng’s study.

Dark-faced, You Yuecheng tossed the file in his hand onto the ground, iciness deep in his eyes.

It never occurred to that in the end, he failed again, and she escaped at the eleventh hour again! The delicate and gorgeous little woman made him miss the target again and again. With his personality, how could he not grow angry?

By the door, a manservant gently knocked on the door and timidly said, “Your Excellency, she’s here.”

“Send her in!” Suppressing the anger in depths of his eyes, he only kept his eyes cold. Still, he was the distant Marquess Mingguo who people found hard to get close to.

The manservant left. “Yes.”

Soon, a maidservant-looking girl showed up by the door. She blinked and then walked into the room to courteously curtsy, saying, “I bow in respect before Your Excellency.”